• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cranford Saddle Scaffold Review

valerio024

Hey guys I just finished up a review of Cranford’s new ring of steps platform. My take away is that they’ll need some quieting down, but they are very stable under side pressure. I think if the ratchet is worked slowly that the noise isn’t really a factor. For the price their may not be a better platform option.

Cranford Saddle Scaffold Review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review! Gave mine a try last night with an OCB. Seems the type of tree had the biggest impact on stability. Rougher bark = great stability, smooth bark = less stable but comparable to other steps in my experience (which isn’t a lot).

Overall very pleased so far, definitely need some vet tape on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not convinced on those mounting brackets yet. They don’t really seem to bite in at all, even compared to a slick plastic Bullman. Just what it seems from the video and a couple user pics I’ve seen.

Got my first hunt in last night on these, and I was a bit disappointed. My main issues were with the notch on the end of the step making them uncomfortable on the feet and the weight making them difficult to hang. I don’t mind the weight during transport, but the extra pull while getting them positioned around the tree threw me off. Once set, the stability on the tree is awesome though. Still, I’ll probably stick with the bullman ROS until I’m ready to move up from the “budget” options

Good review.

Your sandals are inferior to Crocs footwear of master race. :)

Back