• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Crispi Valdres $100 off

@GCTerpfan did you happen to try the Crispi Wyomings during your search? If so, just curious how they compare to the Valdres.

Anyone know how these compare to the Thor's? I have the Thor's and they wear like iron but they are very stiff. I prefer my Salomon Quests over the Thor's.

@GCTerpfan did you happen to try the Crispi Wyomings during your search? If so, just curious how they compare to the Valdres.

I did. The Wyoming's were the first Crispi boot I bought. The Wyomings are the widest boot Crispi makes. There was too much volume in the toe box for me. It caused some severe pinching on top of my foot even with thicker insoles. The Valdres are a slightly narrower boot. They aren't as narrow as my Asolo's and some other European brands that I have tried though.

@GCTerpfan and @BTaylor, are the standard insoles good quality or is it necessary to order from their selection of insoles?
I also replaced mine for the same reason. I have really high arches too but went with Mastercraft insoles because they fit my foot better than the superfeet I tried. I change the insoles in pretty much every hunting boot for that reason.

I did. The Wyoming's were the first Crispi boot I bought. The Wyomings are the widest boot Crispi makes. There was too much volume in the toe box for me. It caused some severe pinching on top of my foot even with thicker insoles. The Valdres are a slightly narrower boot. They aren't as narrow as my Asolo's and some other European brands that I have tried though.
Awesome thanks. I love my Wyoming's. I went up a half size for wear with thicker socks so I might try the Valdres for use in warmer times with thinner socks.

So I have the Luwa Renegade GTX is it worth the money to get these when i already own them and i do like them?

Back