• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr Sizing help

backstrap19

With the popularity of the Cruzr growing, and more Cruzr's in the hands of folks on this forum, I thought I would link to another thread that was started here that could be helpful to anyone considering a new saddle. This thread is a great idea, but didn't gain the traction it should have. I won't lie, I'm considering a Cruzr, and would love these dimensions for the size 2 and size 3. This could be a great resource for those that are having trouble choosing a size, for any brand of saddle. Thanks!

Cruzr size three

15.5 by 28

Open pleat 20 inches.

Huge. I have a 37 waist and a size two would likely fit

It is comfortable. Because it is a hammock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I measure an actual 38” in waist but wear a 36” pants(Jean guys fudge waist sizes to make you feel good). 6’1”/215 lbs.

I tend to like my saddles a little large. I ordered a size 2 and 3 in the CruzrXC a couple days ago. Once they are in I will post which fit me better. I will be selling the one that doesn’t fit as well. My Flex is a size 2 by the way and I like the fit.

I measure an actual 38” in waist but wear a 36” pants(Jean guys fudge waist sizes to make you feel good). 6’1”/215 lbs.

I tend to like my saddles a little large. I ordered a size 2 and 3 in the CruzrXC a couple days ago. Once they are in I will post which fit me better. I will be selling the one that doesn’t fit as well. My Flex is a size 2 by the way and I like the fit.
It will be interesting to hear what you think you sound about my size. My TX 5 that is coming is smaller than the size 3 cruzr xc but I think that will be fine or maybe better.

I'm a similar size to you guys. 36 jeans, 6'1, a bit over 200. I curently use a kestrel flex size 1. I know i could wear a 2, but the 1 offers the cupping comfort with a little less bulk. I wear my saddle for multiple mile walks fairly frequently.

Ontario Farmer, thanks for sharing the measurements! I'm anxious to see the size diff between 2 and 3 for the cruzrs.

I bought a size 3, 6’1” 230 and wear a size 36 in almost every pair of pants I own, this is my first saddle for hunting but wear an arborist saddle for work, it definitely feels a little big, not enough to bother me but I think a size 2 would have also worked, once season is here and I try it with some extra layers it mite be perfect, we will see.

Last edited:
I'm a similar size to you guys. 36 jeans, 6'1, a bit over 200. I curently use a kestrel flex size 1. I know i could wear a 2, but the 1 offers the cupping comfort with a little less bulk. I wear my saddle for multiple mile walks fairly frequently.

Ontario Farmer, thanks for sharing the measurements! I'm anxious to see the size diff between 2 and 3 for the cruzrs.

I am interested. Surely someone owns a size 2 cruzr.
@Chad Rice

I just got mine last Thurs. Size 2. I'm 5'9" 225ish. The size 2 fits just fine, although I haven't spent many hours in it quite yet

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

What is the width length and width opened if it is an XC

Closed width 25.5"
Height is about 14"

Opened fully is around 18" ( stretches another inch or so though)
ad555598ee93b2fa98c111b17d85a8aa.jpg
709bb069a23866c6ef9341c07db10fb5.jpg

I was pretty sure I should order a size 3, since I was on the edge waist-wise and layer big in winter. Sent an email to Chad, he said go with a 2. Glad I did. It's plenty when opened up.

I bought a size 3, 6’1” 230 and wear a size 36 in almost every pair of pants I own, this is my first saddle for hunting but wear an arborist saddle for work, it definitely feels a little big, not enough to bother me but I think a size 2 would have also worked, once season is here and I try it with some extra layers it mite be perfect, we will see.
hey @Topdog
came across this older post and was wondering how your size 3 cruzr worked out with the extra layers of clothing?..
I have the Phantom and it worked out for late season but wondering if I should consider the extra room of the cruzr. im the same size as you.

hey @Topdog
came across this older post and was wondering how your size 3 cruzr worked out with the extra layers of clothing?..
I have the Phantom and it worked out for late season but wondering if I should consider the extra room of the cruzr. im the same size as you.
I love it, zero complaints, with normal pants I probably could have went down a size but it’s awesome.... no matter what clothes I am wearing this thing is crazy comfortable.

Back