• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr XC or Latitude Method 2 - Tell me why

taylormade113

I am at a crossroads. I am new to the game of saddle hunting and have only sat in a Hawk set up and it instantly made sense to me, Mainly from the safety and comfort angle of the set up. So I went down the rabbit hole of reviews, videos, written and have contacted both companies to ask questions.

These are the 2 I have landed on, and I see strengths for both.

1. Cruzr is by far, the most recommended saddle for comfort. Not saying it is, it is just the most recommended for comfort.
2. The Method is also a stand out for recommended comfort, with the benefit of a built in lower back band if needed.
3. I spoke with an awesome guy at Cruzr that just was about as down to earth as one can be and he made me feel like I would be buying into a family that wants to take care of their own. This has nothing to do with hanging in a tree, but customer experience matters. The interaction with Latitude, was not cold, but very delayed, and no phone number which would have resolved this feeling in a blink. When they finally reached out, It was Alex Chopp who was very apologetic, and great but the initial reach out was less than stellar.
4. Accessories seem to lean toward Latitude, with their pouches and now "upgraded ropes", and gear tether. All seem well done.
5. Price leans towards Cruzr.
6. Finally, I don't know, what I don't know! This is where I need a push from this forum. I have a feeling, I cant go wrong with either, but this will help my final decision.

Thanks for the help and the wealth of knowledge this site has already provided.
Kris

As you said, you can't go wrong. I was in the same boat, between those 2, but I found a used method on sale so I tried that one. It's amazing. I'm sure I'd feel the same if I got an XC. One thing, you can get pouches and make your own ropes by buying from other sites for less money. Just because you buy a saddle from one of those companies doesn't mean the accessories need to be from them. If you can, buy both. That's the only way you'll really know, as everyone on here will have a different opinion based on their bodies and how they use their saddles. Good luck!

Both are really comfortable once sitting. XC feels like an oversized diaper when walking in compared to the method.

i have a cruzr xc size 2, which is slightly big on me (better than slightly too small)

i just fold it in half and stick in a mesh sack in front of my platform on my pack

other than it not being great to walk in with (for me), it is great and i plan to buy a backup one this year

i've never experienced discomfort in it

Sounds like you need both! But on a more serious not you can likely resell either for pretty much what you buy it for and just lose out of shipping. May be worth it, treat it like a rental fee.

I have an original method, like it a lot, but no Cruzer experience to directly compare.

The question ultimately comes down to whether you are a two panel guy or a single panel guy. Only way to answer that question is to sit in them both. I personally have tried several two panels including the method and although I kept a Recon just to throw in my pack on days I'm not sure I'm going to climb a tree, they are not as comfortable as a single panel to me.

I'm in the same boat, Finally pulling the trigger after 2 years in a DIY fleece/climbing harness. I have still to sit in a real saddle.

I have very much the same question as the OP, but want to add the Custom Gear Modifications Sidewinder to the list with the Latitude and the Cruzr.
Which one is the most recommended?

I got my XC in November, I love it. The saddle is comfy as can be. I agree that I don’t prefer walking in it. But I usually walk in light, get situated at the bottom and climb.

The real problem is, once you find how comfortable a saddle is, you’ll start tinkering with everything else. I was set on my full length novix sticks. As soon as I found the saddle I chopped them down, got a knaider/swaider, and just ordered a rappel setup.

Well, I did it. I finally pulled the trigger on the Method 2! It will be here shortly and I will review, albeit a rookie review, but a review none the less.
They had a sale going until midnight tonight and I got an extra 10% on top of that! I felt it was a win. Starter kit with the new ropes, 2 pouches and the adjustment straps just in case i wanted them.

Well, I did it. I finally pulled the trigger on the Method 2! It will be here shortly and I will review, albeit a rookie review, but a review none the less.
They had a sale going until midnight tonight and I got an extra 10% on top of that! I felt it was a win. Starter kit with the new ropes, 2 pouches and the adjustment straps just in case i wanted them.
I saw the sale Latitude had going on, and you definitely got yourself a great deal. I have owned both of these saddles, and I can say that they are both excellent quality - you can't go wrong. I ended up sticking with the XC because that thing does not give me a lick of hip pinch. I'm a big ole boy, and the Method 2 was comfortable just not quite as much as the XC. But when it comes to quality and features, I lean towards to Method 2.

Good choice my friend, and welcome to the club.

I also just pulled the trigger on the Trophyline EDP. My brother has it and has been very happy with it. 15% off but still had to pay shipping, but still a deal? The next and final piece will be mini sticks and I am leaning to the xop ultra doubles, as they fixed a flaw and now are a solid deal for the pricing.

I'm an Cruzr XC fan myself and find it to be an exceptional saddle. Recently I was at a "saddle meet-up" camping trip and met a guy and his wife who are making their own saddles. He has years of experience in the powerline and overhead tree business and an avid hunter, which is what he has combined in creating his brand of saddle. I sat in both styles of saddles he designs and found them to be very well made and extremely comfortable. I tried talking him into selling me his personal saddle, but it didn't work out. We ended up talking that week, he and his wife are fantastic people and will go out of their way to help you out and create something to make you happy, and with in 10 days (maybe less) I had a saddle of my camo choice (I'm a Mossy Oak dude) ,my dump-pouches and hardware of my liking, sitting on my front porch when I came home from work! I spent 5 days in it logging 35 hrs.+/- of hunting time this past week and I can honestly say I find it way more comfortable than the Cruzer XC - for real! I have my Cruzr as my back up saddle now, (sold my other Cruzr XC that was my back up) and use this new saddle as my primary hunting rig. You guys should check these folks out if you're in the market for a saddle, they are a family home based operation and produce an AWESOME product!!!

Robert and Alisha Wood of Wood Tree Saddles
www.woodtreesaddles.com

I'm 5' 11" 220lbs. with a 36" waist and the Deluxe Saddle size 2 fits me very well!!!

I made the leap from DIY fleece to a method 2, so far I've just hung in the backyard for 30 minutes or so figuring out what's what. I can say this thing has so much adjustability I can see an all-day sit being very doable.

Back