• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

CTOMS Firefly Self Tree Egress System

ricky racer

Here's an interesting product designed for paragliders to self rescue from a tree or other elevated position.

Did you see the TRACE system? I don't mean to derail. It's a 6mm descent system, pretty sure the TRACE line they sell is just 6mm TRC.

Haven't you watched the videos of how to wear a nylon/dyneema sling as a climbing harness??? You could probably just do the same thing with a 7/64 Amsteel whoopie sling... LMAO!!!
Sounds like a sharp banana hammock, but light for the "saddle bros."

So my thoughts are if you have to retire it after 5 runs because of wear in the “rope” amsteel / dyneema then how many times can I use my Tethrd one sticks before the rope should be retired.:oops:

So my thoughts are if you have to retire it after 5 runs because of wear in the “rope” amsteel / dyneema then how many times can I use my Tethrd one sticks before the rope should be retired.:oops:
I asked about this, I ended up buying the TRACE thing from them. Looks like I deleted the emails, hard to believe I'll keep looking, but I do have a pdf the CTOMS guy sent me. I don't want to put words in his mouth but he was pretty adamant that the rope needed replaced.

Honestly never really did play with it much. I did think it might work well on some other 6mm rope I recently received.

Screenshot_20231220_223602_Gallery.jpg

Sorry to get off track here @ricky racer

Back