• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom Arrows

Anyone here make and sell custom arrows? Rather pay a good dude than some online shop before I order… PM me
My recommendation is to DIY

start with archersadvantageonline.com and build the optimum arrow for your bow. You can then buy pre cut arrow shafts on Lancaster archery sent in a few days. Buy a pack of the fletching you want, wraps, and a fletching jig (cheap plastic on Amazon works, bitzenburg is better). I think it’s fun sitting in front of the TV making my arrows. And in the end I’ve saved so much money by doing this every year.

I really recommend black eagle arrows. Spartan, x-impact and deep Impact. Their FOCUS FOC outsert system is amazing.

My recommendation is to DIY

start with archersadvantageonline.com and build the optimum arrow for your bow. You can then buy pre cut arrow shafts on Lancaster archery sent in a few days. Buy a pack of the fletching you want, wraps, and a fletching jig (cheap plastic on Amazon works, bitzenburg is better). I think it’s fun sitting in front of the TV making my arrows. And in the end I’ve saved so much money by doing this every year.

I really recommend black eagle arrows. Spartan, x-impact and deep Impact. Their FOCUS FOC outsert system is amazing.
This is the trail I started on this year. For me it was an effort to learn more about archery. Along the way I stumbled across the Ranch Fairy's video series on bare shaft tuning and heavy arrow building. I learned a lot from it, but that is probably because it's the first educational information I found on the topic. At this point I've assembled most of the components and have an arrow saw about 80% assembled; as soon as my Ethics order shows up I'll be set.

Buying the tools is not cheap - I went with a Bitzenberger and some additional clamps and nock seats - but the hardware is the spendy part of any new hobby. Once I have a few dozen arrows under my belt I might offer custom arrows to local guys. I'm a big believer in bareshaft paper tuning and shipping arrows back and forth during the build process would be prohibitively expensive.

I'm going with Easton Axis 5mm, 260 spine, Ethics front end components, Nockturnals, TruFlight and Gateway feathers, and Boehning white reflective wraps. May eliminate the wraps in the future, but I like the reflective surface for finding arrows in the dark.

Back