• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom Gear Fabrication (aka sewing) by Squirrels

Squirrels

I've discussed with a couple guys, as well as admins, before starting this thread. I am offering up my services to anyone interested in custom gear. Some of you have stuff I made, feel free to comment/give feedback if you have, good or bad!! I will not be offering up any life supporting items so please do not ask or inquire about such items. I will not make clones of commercially available products, I think you should go to the source for said items. Besides, you can buy it cheaper from them than I would make it anyway. My interest is in providing truly one-off custom stuff you can't buy anywhere else. I'll also tell you that if you are looking for something custom to try and save money you will disappointed. Custom and money saving don't belong in the same conversation. Ever priced custom kitchen cabinets??

If you are in need of something please reach out. We can talk through it and I will give you a price before starting, payment will need to be made prior to me starting. It is custom gear, and if you decide you don't want it after I am done I don't want to be stuck with the labor I've put in it. Hope you guys can understand that. I stand behind my work, so if you have any issues with anything you buy from me I will take care of it at my expense. Common sense applies to warranty work, you stick a knife through something or your lab puppy chews it up I will still fix it if I can, but not on my dime. I ain't Badlands!

Also, I will not discuss pricing for items openly in the thread. If you are curious about pricing of something specific send me a PM.

Below is a link to some of the work I've done in the past. I will update that as I complete items.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c0I8RndO0SVUh0XE7CaUtg5tAD8tbPG6

Thanks guys, I enjoy being a part of this community.

Last edited:
Freaking awesome dude, seen some of your work on the Rokslide. I gots an idea but I need to get my xmas money first, I am maxed out for the year.

A bow sling for a 36” ata bow. Something that protects the strings from brush and when pullin up tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some little jobs like enlarging kestrel linesman’s loops and bringing the farther forward would be a popular mod. Custom cinch straps for carrying sticks sewn onto backpacks could be another popular one.

I've discussed with a couple guys, as well as admins, before starting this thread. I am offering up my services to anyone interested in custom gear. Some of you have stuff I made, feel free to comment/give feedback if you have, good or bad!! I will not be offering up any life supporting items so please do not ask or inquire about such items. I will not make clones of commercially available products, I think you should go to the source for said items. Besides, you can buy it cheaper from them than I would make it anyway. My interest is in providing truly one-off custom stuff you can't buy anywhere else. I'll also tell you that if you are looking for something custom to try and save money you will disappointed. Custom and money saving don't belong in the same conversation. Ever priced custom kitchen cabinets??

If you are in need of something please reach out. We can talk through it and I will give you a price before starting, payment will need to be made prior to me starting. It is custom gear, and if you decide you don't want it after I am done I don't want to be stuck with the labor I've put in it. Hope you guys can understand that. I stand behind my work, so if you have any issues with anything you buy from me I will take care of it at my expense. Common sense applies to warranty work, you stick a knife through something or your lab puppy chews it up I will still fix it if I can, but not on my dime. I ain't Badlands!

Below is a link to some of the work I've done in the past. I will update that as I complete items.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c0I8RndO0SVUh0XE7CaUtg5tAD8tbPG6

Thanks guys, I enjoy being a part of this community.

Will you be doing any type of bridges? Specifically a fixed Amsteel bridge on a mantis.

Some little jobs like enlarging kestrel linesman’s loops and bringing the farther forward would be a popular mod. Custom cinch straps for carrying sticks sewn onto backpacks could be another popular one.
Will you be doing any type of bridges? Specifically a fixed Amsteel bridge on a mantis.
Lineman loops and bridges would be considered part of life support equipment.

Lineman loops and bridges would be considered part of life support equipment.
Oops maybe I should have read the post better.
@Nitrous Kyle if you spend some time researching amsteel bridges you could probably do it yourself. I would recommend following manufacturers guidelines with emphasis on bury lengths.
@Squirrels those are some good looking projects.

I had some aiders that you built, absolutely top notch! They were sewn 2 step aiders done like a ladder instead of loops on both sides, of that makes sense. Had some soft plastic type material sewn in to hold he steps open and reinforcement sewn in at metal contact points. The work wasn’t sloppy, and I’d buy from this guy any day!

T
I had some aiders that you built, absolutely top notch! They were sewn 2 step aiders done like a ladder instead of loops on both sides, of that makes sense. Had some soft plastic type material sewn in to hold he steps open and reinforcement sewn in at metal contact points. The work wasn’t sloppy, and I’d buy from this guy any day!

Those things were pretty sweet.

I have seen @Squirrels work and can attest it is legitimate quality. My friend @KelvinM12 also has a bolt pouch that is solid. Having had to find local sewing options and the difficulty of doing so in the past, I can't recommend him enough, he is offering up a valuable service to saddlers!

John H., Hickory, NC

“You sure are cocky for a starvin’ pilgrim.”

Can you sew loops along piece of webbing that I can use to attach around my versa button on my heliums

Thanks for the replies fellas. I've gotten several PMs already.

I won't be doing any type of bridges, lineman's loops, or tethers. If it keeps you from falling out of a tree as your safety line it's off limits.

Why not just buy the versastrap. Tethrd sell those already if that is what you are looking for. I won't be making things you can buy elsewhere from a manufacturer. If that's not what you are refering to please PM about what it is exactly you are looking for.

Why not just buy the versastrap. Tethrd sell those already if that is what you are looking for. I won't be making things you can buy elsewhere from a manufacturer. If that's not what you are refering to please PM about what it is exactly you are looking for.

A versa strap is probably cheaper from Tethrd anyway & already tested

Crazy thought:
A tactical chest-mount bow sling like on an AR, for still-hunting to the tree, but quick-disconnect or retractable so you can shoot easily, and reversible so you can back-mount it when climbing the tree.
Dunno how it would work but I’d pay for a good version.

A small bag, kinda like a wild edge bag, but with more compartments. Main pouch would have squirrel steps ros and squirrel steps climbing system in it. Pouches on the sides for tether and linemans. Then a flap on the front for knife, bone saw, whatever little thing you wanna throw in there. The bag would have a shoulder strap like a wild edge bag.

A small bag, kinda like a wild edge bag, but with more compartments. Main pouch would have squirrel steps ros and squirrel steps climbing system in it. Pouches on the sides for tether and linemans. Then a flap on the front for knife, bone saw, whatever little thing you wanna throw in there. The bag would have a shoulder strap like a wild edge bag.
I already have plans for something along those lines. Stay tuned.

Ok good to know thanks. Have you tried ordering from Tethrd? Good luck!!!

Back