• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom paint job

firehunter

Well for my first camo paint job I think it turned out pretty good. A few pieces of stealth strips and there is no noise folding it. I also got some double steps for my lone wolf sticks. I am adding one to the top of each stick because that is the only place it bugs me having the single steps. If you are looking for double steps I got them from doublesteps.com

bec5bef7bfdf8b5850e79ec59890b68c.jpg
b6a2ded411f2a5bfc20d71c2aad2a62e.jpg
cc12b2b672e5d828f7a6f6fca411e869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it! Looks great. What did you use to paint it with.

I put a base layer of Rust-oleum self etching primer over everything and then took dark brown and tan Rust-oleum camouflage paint and sprayed it on some cardboard and dabbed it on with a cut up T-shirt bunched up. I then took some flat green and black I had laying around and did the same thing.

23bf4ce6c77b126644821bcdd4fa59cc.jpg

Looks good ...I did mine too, but could NOT get the letters to come out! What was your process. It's tough cutting in those small letters. I gave up on that part.

Looks good ...I did mine too, but could NOT get the letters to come out! What was your process. It's tough cutting in those small letters. I gave up on that part.

I just used a really small brush and filled them in after I had painted everything else.

Back