• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cutthroat Broadheads Question

VaBruiser

SH Member
For those that shoot Cutthroat I have three questions. First, is it a huge difference between the Standard Steel and the S7? They are out of 125g single bevel in S7. Next, if I do buy the Standard, would it be worth my while to pay the extra $12 to have them sharpened? I'm really good at ruining broadheads when I try to sharpen them. Work in progress here. Finally, if my arrows spin left do I want to buy a left bevel?

Season opens in literally 8 hours and I'm over here talking about new broadheads that I've never shot before, welcome to my life.

Match the single bevel to the fletch orientation, right helical/offset gets Right bevel, left gets left, I assume that since your arrow spins left it has left hand helical/offset.
As far as steel goes the standard has worked just fine for me, I can't speak to the S7.
I sharpened my own with a stay sharp guide and some silicon carbide sandpaper, I did increase the roller size on the sharpener to achieve the duplex grind that should extend the life span of the broadhead that is discussed on innovative outdoorsman's youtube channel
I thought recommend his sharpeners for any broadhead sharpening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Match the single bevel to the fletch orientation, right helical/offset gets Right bevel, left gets left, I assume that since your arrow spins left it has left hand helical/offset.
As far as steel goes the standard has worked just fine for me, I can't speak to the S7.
I sharpened my own with a stay sharp guide and some silicon carbide sandpaper, I did increase the roller size on the sharpener to achieve the duplex grind that should extend the life span of the broadhead that is discussed on innovative outdoorsman's youtube channel
I thought recommend his sharpeners for any broadhead sharpening.

Good info, I appreciate it. I have the Stay Sharp Guide and I freakin' suck. It's never taken me that many strokes to accomplish anything in my life. But I'll get it

Good info, I appreciate it. I have the Stay Sharp Guide and I freakin' suck. It's never taken me that many strokes to accomplish anything in my life. But I'll get it
The silicon carbide sandpaper works surprisingly well on the cutthroats, I heard that they are notorious for taking a long time to get an edge, but I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of time it took me, definitely worth buying a pack of you can find it

Back