• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cutting Amsteel Bridge from Mantis

MN_Bowhunter4

I replaced my stock bridge with a webbing and triglide one so that I can dial in length. I originally left the amsteel on so that I could be sure, and now I am. I don’t need it on there and don’t want it in the way. Any sense in saving it? Any ideas of what I can use it for after removing?

I would save it. Make some loops, or short jumpers for rope/strap extensions. I see no reason to throw away something good. It could be the reason I have stuff laying around from the 1970s LOL. My parents were products of the Great Depression...It was ingrained into me that we don't throw away stuff that we might have a use for later. Sure as sh!+, the day after you throw it away, you will find a use for it.
Don't cut it off...disassemble it.

That’s smart. Suggestions on how to disassemble?
The locked Brummell is easy, the lock stitch is what might be more difficult because you need to snip the stitching which< I think, is the same color as the Amsteel??
One of my big peeves...never do lock stitching with the same color cord...Contrasting colors makes it so much easier to undo.

The locked Brummell is easy, the lock stitch is what might be more difficult because you need to snip the stitching which< I think, is the same color as the Amsteel??
One of my big peeves...never do lock stitching with the same color cord...Contrasting colors makes it so much easier to undo.

On my Mantis, the stock bridge was a locked brummell on both sides.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: During manufacture, the bridge loops are passed through the brummell loops and then sewn to the saddle

On my Mantis, the stock bridge was a locked brummell on both sides.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: During manufacture, the bridge loops are passed through the brummell loops and then sewn to the saddle
Oops. I forgot about that. Looks like one side will need cut to deconstruct it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back