• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Daisy chain webbing for climbing sticks

theAdmiral

I just finished my DIY climbing sticks thanks, in a large part, to the information I found on this forum. I found the big game version of the muddy pro sticks for 30 dollars over the winter and replaced the steel stick with 26 inch aluminum tubing and added versa buttons. I bought some rope and tried the rope mod. It didn't save me any weight over the straps so that is what i was going to use. I get a bit obsessed and kept looking for something lighter. I found this spider daisy chain webbing at dutchweargear.com and I have my solution. a seven foot section weighs 1 ounce. That is a 5.5 ounce reduction per stick, 22 ounces overall. Stick weight is an even 2 pounds. With an black diamond five step aider I can get to 20 feet at 8.25 pounds I'm pleased with the results.
I hung a stick yesterday and this webbing does not budge. It has a 1500 pound breaking limit at the loops. Does anyone see a safety hazard in using it? Thank you for all the information and help I've already received!

http://dutchweargear.com/product/spider-daisy-chain-webbing/

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are way ahead of me in the diy

I just finished my DIY climbing sticks thanks, in a large part, to the information I found on this forum. I found the big game version of the muddy pro sticks for 30 dollars over the winter and replaced the steel stick with 26 inch aluminum tubing and added versa buttons. I bought some rope and tried the rope mod. It didn't save me any weight over the straps so that is what i was going to use. I get a bit obsessed and kept looking for something lighter. I found this spider daisy chain webbing at dutchweargear.com and I have my solution. a seven foot section weighs 1 ounce. That is a 5.5 ounce reduction per stick, 22 ounces overall. Stick weight is an even 2 pounds. With an black diamond five step aider I can get to 20 feet at 8.25 pounds I'm pleased with the results.
I hung a stick yesterday and this webbing does not budge. It has a 1500 pound breaking limit at the loops. Does anyone see a safety hazard in using it? Thank you for all the information and help I've already received!

http://dutchweargear.com/product/spider-daisy-chain-webbing/
Got any pics?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Without being able to open the link, work internet access sucks, it seems like a good idea, I would just worry that I wouldn't be able to get it as tight as I would like. I'm just guessing here without a picture to show us how you intend to use it.

Here’s a picture of my first stick

Attachments

• 38DB4422-3E6C-475C-B897-460427752E73.jpeg
    38DB4422-3E6C-475C-B897-460427752E73.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 149
Any reason you didn’t want to go with the woven daisy chain? At $.75/ft and the loop break strength is at 2000lbs vs 1500lbs I would think the woven daisy chain is more appealing. Plus it’s black in color vs that bright blue.

I’ve been thinking on getting some to make a gear holder in the tree, just haven’t followed through with it.

cdcb95602519f5e59ea1f8f96f9496f3.png

Weight was the deciding factor. One ounce verse three ounces per stick. That’s a half pound over all.

I tried the woven daisy chain webbing from dutch on my hawk helium sticks with versa button. I did not like that I couldn't tighten the strap as much as I wanted. As a result, the stick was sagging which I feel causes some stability/slippage issues. Just my opinion.

Back