• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dan Infault in Town

Silvio

Always wondered if our paths would cross and they did two weeks ago...Dan and his crew did their podcast @ Buck shots Bar and Grill in Clarkston Michigan. We had a chance to talk deer hunting and like to say he's the real deal down to earth guy. Someone you like to be friends with for sure...Dan shares plenty of deer hunting knowledge and that's always been my attitude - help someone else score on a great buck...there's hope out there still
May the Magic of the Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life
Silvio

Yeah, I'd love to meet Dan and get a chance to talk a bit. He seems like a really likable guy and very knowledgeable about hunting. I've learned a lot from him. Another guy I'd love to meet and talk to in person is John Eberhart.

Yeah, I'd love to meet Dan and get a chance to talk a bit. He seems like a really likable guy and very knowledgeable about hunting. I've learned a lot from him. Another guy I'd love to meet and talk to in person is John Eberhart.
John and I did a couple seminars together 20 yrs ago. The political in fighting within Commemoritive Bucks of Michigan kept me from entering many bucks in the book...its not that important. What is important is the bonds you create and the sharing of hunting tactics & strategies

I have emailed John several times with questions, and he has always gotten back with me very quickly and always been willing to help. Considering he must get a lot of emails from deer hunting people on top of his work, that has always impressed me.

I've never emailed Dan Infalt but I get the feeling he would be willing to help just the same.

Yes...Dan indicated to me that sharing his knowledge was most important. I've always felt the same way...WhitetailCribbs on youtube interview me and it was a blast sharing some topics
Send a link please

Sorry never heard of you but you sound like a very interesting man. enjoying the video.

I really enjoyed rewatching that interview. I saw it some time back and was really intrigued by the idea of hunting an East wind. It makes sense that it is the one wind he really doesn't have a good plan for. I did not make the connection that this was you from that interview until now. What you said throughout meshed with a lot of the way I see things and do things. The main philosophy I have is getting aggressive going after a buck if I believe I know where he is. I always say I am going to get him or run him out of the country. Like you I also think the moon has some influence over deer movement. Good stuff for sure!

Thanks...You might not know but last year I was rescued by the Springfield fire depart...I was hunting my target buck and had a major heart attack...I missed the bow season after October 20th of last year...and God is Good...I drew a Iowa Tag on only Two Preference points...me and the wife are heading out for my second scouting trip on August 17th...got one good trail cam picture so far6d9a79e9-25e8-462b-b4f4-e1b228940d90.jpg

Congratulations on the full recovery and the Iowa Tag! That's a great buck. Good luck, I hope you get him.

Yep...many years ago many hunters didn't like me...I was different in a good way...but people were hung up on false deer strategies and behavior. I just did my own thing during those years but I learned alot and I shared alot. My big buck passion is multifaceted and teaching is my gift...

Just finished the video on the exodus channel. Man that was great. Will you be writing a deer book soon?

Thank you for the compliment...Ive edited and written for others. My book Walking On kept me very busy with speaking engagements. The crux of the issue for me within the hunting industry and within the QDMA was the jealousy factor. Soo many stories I could share - love to do a podcast just on this

Last edited:
Well good people must stand on rightousness...believe me there's more guys like us than those who serve up evil tactics...remember we the hunters are the representatives and stewards of the whitetail resourse.. I've often have said "you can't do what I do" but you'll want to steal the idea or even a photo and claim it as your own....even so...there's more of us then them

Back