• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dangerously close

denots

Well guys I came awfully close to possibly missing a whole bunch of work, hunting, and probably a lot of teeth as well today! Some of you may know, and for those who don't I cut grass for a living. I have a rule that the lawn mower does not go underneath the swing sets. I set this rule in place because I have damage swing sets in the past. But wouldn't you know it today I was in a hurry, it's getting towards the end of the season, I'm wore out and I took a shortcut. This time the swing set was not anchored down, so instead of damaging the swing set I pulled the entire thing over. As it started to topple over the beam that holds the swings up was coming straight at me. Fortunately for me I spend as much time on this machine as I don't, so I'm very familiar with it and comfortable on it. I immediately pulled the mower back towards the swing set as the beam missed my head by about an inch or two. If I would have stayed still as a swing set toppled over that beam would have hit me right across my face more than likely. There's no telling how much damage it would have done, but I'm thinking it would not have been pleasant regardless. Anyway I'm just thankful I didn't get hurt or missing out on some money and possibly some of my hunting season. It's just right around the corner, so keep that in mind guys when your thinking about taking a shortcut. It may cost you your entire hunting season.
bdf92a4e1f1054ea5061054273fb2be8.jpg
527a222f27694c46bb441269c8512eb4.jpg
c370f0ce745d65d07a63d9a43633deee.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow, close call. Glad you were able to get out of the way and are OK. It would suck to get hurt, especially this close to season.

Stay safe denots. Do you also repair swing sets as part of your business?

Stay safe denots. Do you also repair swing sets as part of your business?
When I tear them up I do. Fortunately for me I just was able to call a couple of buddies that don't live too far away and we stood it back up. I put a giant pair of channel locks on the slide and was able to get it fixed back two homeowner satisfaction who happens to be another friend of mine. The last one cost me a couple of hundred bucks.

Close call dude! Maybe you should wear a helmet while mowing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad ur ok & got it fixed

Fixing stuff gets expensive. I had an employee run a stick edger thru a rock bed near a set of custom glass doors that costed a couple thousand dollars. He wasn’t supposed to be anywhere near them. Of course he shot a rock thru the glass.

Glad you’re okay!!

Thought about you this morning. Cut grass and did some trimming myself after getting off work.

I had better adopt your swing set rule also. Guess I’ve been lucky!

Damn who doesn’t secure a swing set to the ground? Lots of folks apparently. Crazy. Good reflexes man!

I set the no going under swingset rule after I caught the swing with my mower at another yard. They had their swing anchored down so it didn't tip over but it did rip the entire thing apart. These machines are real strong and it doesn't take but a split-second to tear something up,or hurt yourself really bad with them. I know we're getting really close to hunting season and especially for guys who work outside in the heat it's been a long summer. Anytime we work with any kind of machinery and get complacent it only takes a Split Second for something to happen that could possibly change your entire life. I really made this post really more as a safety notice. I'm sure we have a lot of plant workers, grass cutters, heavy machinery operators, ect on this site. I'd hate to see somebody get hurt right before the season because of complacency. Stay safe out there my friends.

Wow glad your okay!! You know its really not the time of year to be taking chances lol season is right upon us!! Glad your okay!!

Back