• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DAY ONE CRUSHER HAT ?

Day One is awesome stuff. The cowboy suede is very tough and durable. It maybe a bit warm for early seasons but the quality is too notch.

I have a cowboy suede dayone pack. The material is awesome. Not waterproof, but still good.

I wish I could source that fabric for some thread injecting. I would never be able to fit my large melon in their largest size hat.

Call them. He sews everything in house. If you need a custom hat he can do it. Hummm, a day one saddle could be sweet.

Call them. He sews everything in house. If you need a custom hat he can do it. Hummm, a day one saddle could be sweet.

That is an idea, but I am so invested in DIY and thread injecting, I feel I have to give it a try before unfurling the white flag and asking for a custom order.

I’ve never heard of them but their stuff is made in the USA and the camo pattern choices are awesome.

I can’t really find much info on them or photos online. Do you know about their pants or jackets also by chance?

I never heard of them either.

I know if I look them up I'll probably order sumthin'...

If they updated there website they would probably double there sells . Never knew how nice there stuff was or what it even looked like but decided to take a chance and apparently I made a good choice !

Ya the website is pre MySpace I think. Maybe AOL even. Maybe he wants it that way. You ever go in the old bow shop or gun shop where the guy has killed more than cancer and you know he knows what he’s doing and he doesn’t care about whatever else versus going into a big box store all well lit and organized? I feel like Day One is for sure not the big box store. I’m going to call them and get some stuff because I’ve been looking for USA made camo and intentionally not getting first lite or Sitka or Kuiu for that reason. I understand they make great stuff and I’m not going on an F China rampage here and I understand my phone and vehicle and everything is from where it is from, but I still like doing what I can when I can sometimes.

That is an idea, but I am so invested in DIY and thread injecting, I feel I have to give it a try before unfurling the white flag and asking for a custom order.

So uhhhhh…….call the guy and ask him about getting some fabric maybe? Just a thought.

Ya the website is pre MySpace I think. Maybe AOL even. Maybe he wants it that way. You ever go in the old bow shop or gun shop where the guy has killed more than cancer and you know he knows what he’s doing and he doesn’t care about whatever else versus going into a big box store all well lit and organized? I feel like Day One is for sure not the big box store. I’m going to call them and get some stuff because I’ve been looking for USA made camo and intentionally not getting first lite or Sitka or Kuiu for that reason. I understand they make great stuff and I’m not going on an F China rampage here and I understand my phone and vehicle and everything is from where it is from, but I still like doing what I can when I can sometimes.

Think you hit the nail on the head man!

So uhhhhh…….call the guy and ask him about getting some fabric maybe? Just a thought.

I don’t that would go well. His perception of competition and all. I did speak to him before ordering the pack.

Well he brags about the fact that Lazy Boy uses the same fabric on some of their chairs….

Day one is custom made clothing. He stitches everything here in the Denver area. If you need custom clothes, this is the place. The materials are very good and the cowboy suede is nice. Too hot for September elk but durable. My buddy has a vest he got about 20 years ago and it’s still in great condition. Some of his ideas seem strange but they work well. The bino pouch on the shirt is slick.

Got my hat today ! Man this material is sweet! And the quality of this thing out of the box seems to be pretty freakin awesome . Also came with a catalog that shows a ton more detail than the website . Obviously have no long term judgment but from first reaction I can definitely say I will be buying more ! If you've been on the fence about ordering something then trust me and do it .

Got my hat today ! Man this material is sweet! And the quality of this thing out of the box seems to be pretty freakin awesome . Also came with a catalog that shows a ton more detail than the website . Obviously have no long term judgment but from first reaction I can definitely say I will be buying more ! If you've been on the fence about ordering something then trust me and do it .

Are you concerned with glow in the dark UV material or thread? If so, can you put it under a black light and see if anything glows?

With my dayone pack, the fabric does not glow, but the thread glows. I shared a pic here. If you search my user, you should be able to find the pic.

Are you concerned with glow in the dark UV material or thread? If so, can you put it under a black light and see if anything glows?

With my dayone pack, the fabric does not glow, but the thread glows. I shared a pic here. If you search my user, you should be able to find the pic.

Haven't ever thought about it man . I'm sure my Walmart t shirts and stuff probably glow as well so I ain't to worried about it . Good to know tho just in case I ever decide to get some uv detergent or something.

Back