• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Day pack recommendation?

ksouth

I've been eyeing that horn hunter also.... Then i i saw for 18 bucks more the badland pursuit on sportsmans guide.

The best pack i ever had for hunting (not for hauling) was an old Screaming Eagle wool pack. Now I prefer the Kathy Kelly Ultimate pack. IME most packs these days are getting far too many bells and whistles (too many pouches,, zippers, pulls, etc...)

The best pack i ever had for hunting (not for hauling) was an old Screaming Eagle wool pack. Now I prefer the Kathy Kelly Ultimate pack. IME most packs these days are getting far too many bells and whistles (too many pouches,, zippers, pulls, etc...)

I agree wholeheartedly. I had the sitka toolbox. It was well organized, with plenty of individual storage compartments. Everything had a place. Then I realized I never use the crap I haul in the woods. An ideal pack to me now has one small front compartment, main compartment, and a lid compartment is a plus. Simple.

I've been eyeing that horn hunter also.... Then i i saw for 18 bucks more the badland pursuit on sportsmans guide.
I like it but I’ll be carrying enough weight far enough that I’d like to have the hip belt. I like the Superday but it’s another $100.00.

I just ordered a horn hunter main beam. Have heard a lot of good things about it. Hope I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a mystery ranch 28 and I’m really liking this pack so far. I think it will do most everything I need.

I’ll be going with the MR pop up 28 as well. Just waiting till they come back in stock.

Yeah, I got lucky a couple weeks ago and found a large in stock.

It’s a well built pack. You will love it I bet

I’m new to saddle hunting, but for hauling my lone wolf and sticks, the Hill People Gear “Connor” was perfect. It should be awesome for hauling a saddle platform. I plan to use it this year again. It may be a little above what you want to pay ($200) but it’s worth every penny.

I was waiting on the 18, but finally gave up and bought one from the classifieds here. I do a lot of line marking for timber lands and carrying enough water and paint sucks so I decided to try the PU 18 and see how it did and at the same time I could be learning the pack and deciding if it was going to be the one for packing out deer come fall.

It carried 4 qts of water, 5 cans of paint, flagging, hammer, nails, radio and lunch with ease....

a20cb13f61a363bd49c6bcb8a1ab02e1.jpg

.....so when it was time to come back and set t-posts at the property corners and through the open areas without trees I tossed in the post driver to really stress it....

067c2dffb007025ca86784cb3f5e5194.jpg

Plenty of weight and it was a breeze to carry. Very impressed with this pack.

I was waiting on the 18, but finally gave up and bought one from the classifieds here. I do a lot of line marking for timber lands and carrying enough water and paint sucks so I decided to try the PU 18 and see how it did and at the same time I could be learning the pack and deciding if it was going to be the one for packing out deer come fall.

It carried 4 qts of water, 5 cans of paint, flagging, hammer, nails, radio and lunch with ease....

.....so when it was time to come back and set t-posts at the property corners and through the open areas without trees I tossed in the post driver to really stress it....

And I just saved these pics to use in an attempt to get my company to purchase me one of these. (it may be taken home for 'cleaning' every year early September and not be brought back until end of December) Thanks!

Not a pack. It’s a piece of gear. I use mine instead of a carry on suitcase when I travel. Worth every penny.

And I just saved these pics to use in an attempt to get my company to purchase me one of these. (it may be taken home for 'cleaning' every year early September and not be brought back until end of December) Thanks!

That is a GREAT idea!

And I couldn't agree more with @kyler1945

Back