• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Deciding on a pack

Rymanco

So I have narrowed my choices on a pack down to 2.

Vanguard Pioneer 1600 or the Badlands Pursuit.

The Vanguard is 1600ci and the Badlands is 1500ci.

Both have bladders.

Can strap sticks to both.

Vanguard is 4.5lb Badlands is 2lb

Both have lifetime warranty.

Cost about the same money.

I'm looking for some input
PicsArt_06-16-10.04.57.jpg 1600-side-front-2.jpg

I have the vanguard. It’s a well built pack and doesn’t seem to be 4.5# carrying it. I have no experience with the pursuit but I would think the vanguard would be more ridged/functional carrying weight with the waist belt (the pouches are removable) and secure equipment better on the back. The “wings” are nice. The cooler pocket on the side is something I haven’t seen on any other pack. It will carry a bow/rifle and the center strap under the wings is great for sticks also.
I payed under $90 for it on eBay. Vanguard photo was the seller. Not tying to sell you on it but between the two it’s the one I would go with. I haven’t found the perfect pack. It’s always a battle between size/bulk/function/capability. Check out alps outdoorz they have similar multi function packs.

It all comes down to what you want/need to carry. To me lately, less is more. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
I have the vanguard. It’s a well built pack and doesn’t seem to be 4.5# carrying it. I have no experience with the pursuit but I would think the vanguard would be more ridged/functional carrying weight with the waist belt (the pouches are removable) and secure equipment better on the back. The “wings” are nice. The cooler pocket on the side is something I haven’t seen on any other pack. It will carry a bow/rifle and the center strap under the wings is great for sticks also.
I payed under $90 for it on eBay. Vanguard photo was the seller. Not tying to sell you on it but between the two it’s the one I would go with. I haven’t found the perfect pack. It’s always a battle between size/bulk/function/capability. Check out alps outdoorz they have similar multi function packs.

It all comes down to what you want/need to carry. To me lately, less is more. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you go with the 1600? I was originally wanting the 1000 but I'm unsure about the single sling style strap. Do you have any pics of urs? Trying to see some real life sized pictures

Back