• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dedicated hunting coat

tmattson

Does anyone wear their best cold hunting jacket as a daily coat during the winter months, wash and store away in the spring?
Or seal up air tight and scent free till next season.

I wear a lot of my hunting clothes during the winter. They cost me a lot of money and keep me warm when I need to be out shoveling, snow blowing, playing with the kids or taking in the car for 30 min drive to work on county roads (never know what is going to happen).

Nothing wrong with wearing your gear out of season if that's what you want to do.

I do take the other road though. My hunting gear is only used in the woods. Once season is closed I box it up in a tote (well maybe totes :)) where it waits for the next open season. The only exception to that is maybe my wool bibs. I will wear those out if I decide to go snowshoeing or other winter woods play.

My small game gear gets used all year as general outdoor gear. Other stuff I have is strictly for bow hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hunting clothes cost a lot more than my daily wear, so unless there is a strong reason to, I just keep my hunting clothes pack up and protected.

I wash everything a few weeks before season opener and then store in totes outside in a building where there aren't a lot of smells compared to indoors.

Back