• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Did Treehopper just sneak in a climbing platform?

Owl74

OK, I haven't been super active in the saddle world for a while, but I was just randomly checking Treehopper's website, and they have two climbing stands - a 12L and a 12XL (link below). Now I get that climbing platforms are like anchovies - you either love them or hate them, but I'm just seeing if anyone has any info/feedback. I used a modified LWHC exclusively 4 years ago. I stopped using it pretty much and switched over to sticks. I did buy the Barren Ridge platform when they came out, but I usually reach for my sticks.

My initial thoughts on the Treehoppers - these things look big and heavy. The 12L is 11lb. I don't have one, but I bet that's close a LWHC base. That being said, I can see this being an option if you're not going super far into the woods. For me, I remember platform climbing being very easy and effortless. Any info or thoughts on these platform is greatly appreciated.

Link to the Treehopper 12L: https://www.treehopperllc.com/shop/12l-platform/

I believe the Tree Hopper climbing stands have been out a little while now. I want to say 1.5-2 years or so? Don’t quote me on that. I remember hearing about them not long after they came out. I really haven’t heard much if any feedback or reviews on them. Maybe I’m not hanging out in the right places for it though.

Back