• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dipping a Predator Platform

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
OK guys, I have two gen 2 platforms coming soon, I would like to just dip them rather than go through the sponge bob painting thing. Anyone done this and can lead this horse to water? I don't need to get crazy with a camo pattern just a basic brown/gray to break it up a bit.

dave,

id get a tub of water and spray paint dip it. Fast and cheap. I have done a few dip jobs but they are on the beast

dave,

id get a tub of water and spray paint dip it. Fast and cheap. I have done a few dip jobs but they are on the beast

Yep I have thought about that. I was almost thinking about doing some kind of bed liner spray and then dip - still contemplating. Probably still have a few weeks before they arrive.

OK guys, I have two gen 2 platforms coming soon, I would like to just dip them rather than go through the sponge bob painting thing. Anyone done this and can lead this horse to water? I don't need to get crazy with a camo pattern just a basic brown/gray to break it up a bit.

I’ve done quite a bit of hydrographic dipping in the past. I used this kit for everything I did. It seems to hold up pretty well. Ultimately it comes down to your prep work. As long as you have your platform prepped and primed really well, this should work good for you.

https://www.mydipkit.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done a bow with a kit. Was super easy. the platform would be even easier--wouldn't have to rotate. Get a rubbermade bin and a kit and go for it!

Maybe Tether'd boys will offer this as an option - that way i can get back to scouting and killing :)

Just curious, why do you feel you need to paint the Predator? They've been shot peened so there are no shiny surfaces. Is painting really needed? Inquiring minds need to know....:smirk:

I've dipped 2 bows and several random items in asat. Asat would look excellent on the platform. It is super ugly but super effective pattern. On something as broken up as a platform, you only see the awesome.

If you don't have a tub big enough for an item, you can put a plastic drop cloth in any kind of box or container.

Back