• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dirty little mice.

MattMan81

SH Member
So I put most of my hunting stuff into bins for the off season. But my milk weed pouch I got from THP to support them ended up on the floor of my garage. I forgot about it, and we went out of town for a while. When I got back I found the mice had torn a hole in it, and took all the fluffy stuff. Dirty like rodents. They got into a plastic bag I had some in as well. I got one today. Sure there are more. So just a reminder. Keep your hunting stuff off the garage floor.

So I put most of my hunting stuff into bins for the off season. But my milk weed pouch I got from THP to support them ended up on the floor of my garage. I forgot about it, and we went out of town for a while. When I got back I found the mice had torn a hole in it, and took all the fluffy stuff. Dirty like rodents. They got into a plastic bag I had some in as well. I got one today. Sure there are more. So just a reminder. Keep your hunting stuff off the garage floor.

That sucks. I’m thinking about putting my stuff in large plastic totes and duck tapping the lids down and putting in the loft of my storage shed. Hopefully that will keep the critters out.

I got some husky snap top containers from HD. I highly recommend them. They have some with wheels, which is nice for clothing on trips.

I left my silicon wedding band in the garage. Thought I lost it.Killed all the mice we had and cleaned out their nest. My wedding ring was inside.Thieving little bastards.

I have some of those
I got some husky snap top containers from HD. I highly recommend them. They have some with wheels, which is nice for clothing on trips.

I left my silicon wedding band in the garage. Thought I lost it.Killed all the mice we had and cleaned out their nest. My wedding ring was inside.Thieving little bastards.
That's what I use. Lucky I had those closed. But just had a few things that were lose I set down on top of some things. Good thing is I found some more that was in one of my tubs. So I am not out for next season.

I had put a bunch of pods in a paper bag last year to store in a "dry" place. I left the bag in my back garage and this spring found it had a hole chewed in it and there was seedless milkweed fluff spread all over my workbench out there. . . . little buggers! Luckily I had more than they could eat so still had plenty for this year but I really didn't appreciate having to clean up the mess. It inspired me to set a few traps and extract some revenge on a few of the little troublemakers. Probably didn't damage the overall population much but it sure made me feel better.:smilingimp:

I despise mice. Evil little bastards.
And you don't need pouches for milkweed. The pod works just fine.
I put a pod in my coat pocket 2 seasons ago. It broke apart and all the fluffy stuff was scattered in the pocket. Every time I put my hand in the pocket and pulled it out, I was checking wind direction if I wanted to or not.

I put a pod in my coat pocket 2 seasons ago. It broke apart and all the fluffy stuff was scattered in the pocket. Every time I put my hand in the pocket and pulled it out, I was checking wind direction if I wanted to or not.
30+ years using milkweed floaters contained in the pod...I have no trouble with pods breaking open...never.

I put my stuff in those vacuum bags that compress and then in totes

If you guys need a killer mouse trap just google “walk the plank mouse trap”, I know people make there own for 5 gallon pails and such but this thing is killer, I bought one for camp and let me tell you it was full, like make you sick to look at full lol

I had a bad mouse infestation at my hunting camp last year. Over the winter they got in and I had forgotten some bags of grass seed down there and by spring it was bad. Droppings everywhere and they chewed up some of the wiring and soiled the insulation in the wall.

It was quite expensive to have all the damage repaired and took me several hours with a bleach sprayer to clean and sanitize everything. I'm super careful now. If anything they could possibly eat or use for nesting material has to be left there, it goes in a tall metal garbage can.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you guys need a killer mouse trap just google “walk the plank mouse trap”, I know people make there own for 5 gallon pails and such but this thing is killer, I bought one for camp and let me tell you it was full, like make you sick to look at full lol
YouTube channel Mouse Trap Monday with Shaun Woods. He has a lot of cool old traps to new ideas. He also did a little bit of primitive hunting at first I think.

Well after 3 days the old peanut butter only got me 1. Seems like were there is one, there is usually 2 or more. Guess I'll have to do some more scouting around the garage. Push back in farther and try a new set up somewhere else.

Back