• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Discreet bow case

Weldabeast

SH Member
With the canoe opening up public land opportunities I've never had before I have a dilemma.....I must access from the boat ramp and said boat ramp is frequented by folks who probably don't like hunters/hunting too much. This is an urban setting and although I'm fully in my rights I still don't need some jerk calling the man on me.... I try to draw as little attention to myself as possible....all my hunt gear fits in my boat bag so that is no issue.....now my bow doesn't fit in that bag....I've just been carrying it from the truck 2 the launch in a big black trash bag....that keeps it outta sight but I don't really like doing it that way....is there any bow case or something else to repurpose that is discreet and maybe even possibly waterproof? I already kinda feel like I'm going to have to sew up a purpose built case but figure I'd ask to see if u guys knew of something already available

I got a plano hardcase that will be ok to use I think but it just take up lots of room in the boat....soft case that I can fold up and stow away would be better I think....

Might not fit, but here's a discreet option bj139 uses:

I imagine any soft case, preferably non-camo, would do. You're overthinking how others will react to seeing you with your bow. Aren't you in camo?

I think a lot of us are hunting areas frequented by non-hunters. I've never had an issue and don't know anyone that has. Get a non-camo soft case and most people won't know what's inside. . .

This is a unique situation.... Soccer mom's and business people sometimes..... The launch is a kayak launch in a public park....bbq grills and nature trails.
just don't want to have any drama waiting for me when I get back...

I seen some neon green and blue soft cases and I more than likely order 1....I asked a guy (knows zero about hunt/fish, older normie) at work what he thought I kept in my current soft case and his first guess was a rifle ....

An extra large pillow case or equivalent would work real good....or like @Henryvd88 said...just a big sac

Back