• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Bow Holder/Hanger

My version of a DIY bow holder for saddle hunting.

I took an old trail camera strap, sewed molle webbing creating loops, added the GoPro attachment, and finally added the Hawk hookster onto a loop.
c88a5d53a3cb336ccede032c3ad7433b.jpg
f92d8c8b0fbd06360a20ff41c7dffb5e.jpg
3628b7e558990575eb7cfa506b6f30d7.jpg
4503b116a8301cb1b838d12a388b6955.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, you just saved me a few bucks. I was going to buy that hero clip to hold my bow and think i will get one of these instead. Thx

Awesome, you just saved me a few bucks. I was going to buy that hero clip to hold my bow and think i will get one of these instead. Thx
You are welcome. I was contemplating my options. The hero clip was definitely one of them. I found the hookster for like 13 bucks shipped and then had the rest. It's probably not the option for everyone, but will definitely suit my needs. I wanted to post it to give guys other ideas.

I like the gopro mount added in. No hassle way to always have a spot for an action cam!

The strap for the GoPro mount was originally what I was going for. Then I thought, what else could I put on it so I could use it multiple ways. Then found the hookster on this site and added the molle loops.

Nice. I like the gopro mount added in as well. Multi-functional equipment is really handy.

I widened the opening on the hookster that the rubber wire goes through and slid a big nite ize S biner. I like the hookster and it’s a less expensive option than the hero clip.

My buddy has that same sight and loves it. Funny story too,

Driving to the archery shop he told me that he had a dream that he shot a monster buck with a weird “crooked” sight pin (first year in archery). Needless to say when this sight got pulled out of the used parts box, he snatched it right up.

Still working on killing that monster buck LOL

Back