• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY bow mounted phone holder

fraggs

I haven't seen this posted so I thought I'd share my DIY bow mounted phone holder.

It's a Nite Ize Handle Band. It may have been their first product ever. I got it off of Kickstarter way back.

If you don't have one, I can not recommend it enough. It mounts a phone super securely to any pipe that's an inch or so in diameter.

It's an easy mount on a Mathews (provided you don't use their quiver). I'm sure some guys and gals can rig it with other bows too.

I ran a skinny bolt through an old screwdriver handle. I fastened to the quiver mount using rubber washers.

Last year, I had my bow in a holder beside me to my left. This left the phone right in front of me, hands free! Any time I heard approaching deer, I'd just hit the record button, and I instantly had 1st Pearson video.

This year in a saddle. I'll probably try too swap it over to the other side since the bow will hang against the tree.

1f5793c1cad41cf601db97c5f165ca3e.jpg
21c6055f4f720b79ea1e563d69973342.jpg
0a44cb6705fbe0f368b425e412f59e95.jpg

Do you have any videos from the mount? I wondered how they turned out.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Not sure how to attach mp4 files here.

It may not replace a full on swiveling camera arm. You have to remember to continually point the bow at your subject as you wait for it to come into range. This can be hard to do when your heart's racing and your butt's puckered.

Youtube vid up of it? I bought the muddy one off camo fire. Dont waste your money. Complete trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back