• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY broadhead

Hows it shoot? I went down the diy broadhead rabbit hole several years ago. I cut a slot in field points and then used roll pins to attach .050 thick blades i made. I used old tablesaw blades. I built jigs to cut the blades out on a tablesaw, with a metal cutting blade. It worked awesome. I could make blades all exactly the same with no problem. Then i had jigs to grind the bevels. I killed a doe and a couple of pigs with them.

Did you tack them in place and then spin them on a jig to get them true, and then weld? That was always my plan when i was considering welding them.

Did you heat treat the blades?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

e89291d5ab6e95fa8dacd673d1d5322c.jpg
17a51d351195ab8bd842e68ebc272f91.jpg

And you're selling a 6 pack of these for???
Ha! Not a chance. I had a ridiculous amount of time invested in them. And i never could get the precision where i wanted it. Some would be perfect but many were not. It was a fun thing to tackle though. I have now scratched that itch for the most part.

The broadhead I made actually shot very good. Although, I had to use my 40 yrd pin at 20 yards just to hit my mark, lol.

Will need to be tempered ....welding made that very brittle and the edge w will chip easier... or at least that's what I've learned with my limited knife making experience....
Should be easy to heat treat since it's such a small part....

Looks awesome and I hope u get to harvest an animal with it!

Ya i thinm im gonna stick with my muzzy 3 blades. Have never let me down

Back