• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

diy deer cart

Arieleagle

Finally finished my deer cart. It’s 2 am and I work at 9 am But I had to get this done before I go out and hunt on Thurs. Purchased an older burley bike trailer off craigslisT for$50 then bought about $98 of materials at home depot. I’m happy w how it turned out. I would recommend a bike trailer like this one for anyone who wants to make their own cart . The instructions I pulled from Google. this will be perfect for hauling equipment to the stand..

Pics?

Those burley trailers are great. I have pulled my kids many miles in one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

had to figure out how to compress the pic file. Info: I bought 4 1in x 1/8in aluminum angle bars (much lighter than steel- 1” washers bolts &nuts, hack saw, zip ties, and a cheap angle grinder from hardware freight… and
some plastic poultry netting made by everbilt (stuff stinks really bad tho). I wanted to buy 2x2 cage fence but it was way way out of my price range. the netting works great aside from the awful smell. I don’t have the tools that wld have made this project easier so it took much longer to cut and drill the angle bar. anyway I’m very happy w it. I hope it will be able to sustain the weight of a deer should I get one this week.

Attachments

• 55645473-4DC6-4C89-AF84-EA0A7F78D215.jpeg
    55645473-4DC6-4C89-AF84-EA0A7F78D215.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 121
Back