• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy duffle bag saddle

smcchevy

Sep 6, 2018
Central Kentucky
My crude diy saddle only cost me a duffle bag, some mil spec webbing, and some high speed thread yall recommended on here. Please look past my crappy stitching. Plan to use this with a rock climbing harness. Just trying to get in a saddle this season.

Thanks @ckossuth for the dimensions and detailed write up.

I am still looking to get a better climbing method, looking at WE stepps but don't know how many I will need? Aider/swaider? Or something else.

Attachments

• _20180914_223613.JPG
    _20180914_223613.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 210
  • _20180914_223700.JPG
    _20180914_223700.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 202

Cajunyankee

SH Member
Dec 5, 2017
Good job @smcchevy. Way to think outside of the box and use stuff you have. Those old military duffel bags can carry a lot of weight. Is it very noisy?

smcchevy

Sep 6, 2018
Central Kentucky
I plan to test that soon it's not bad since it was "broken in", but I'm sure a new one otlr new fabric of same type would be noisy.

Im still trying to convert over to saddle but the season is upon us and I don't have a climbing method I love yet.

I hope to test it in the yard and post some pictures. I am scrounging and so far have only bought some 9mm and 6mm cordage, a $40 rock harness and some needles and thread. Grand total is about $60.

Thanks for the compliments.

Sep 16, 2018
North Carolina
Man this is great! I was thinking about making a fleece saddle as an easy, cost effective option for my first saddle, however, I like what you’ve done here, and have several old bags I could utilize from my army days. What dimensions did you use if you don’t mind me asking? Excellent work!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk