• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY for Hickory Creek fans!

Every time I wanted to stop this video and post a reply he presented a new idea. This is his best video yet, IMHO. Watch till the end.
I thought about how could I shoot my horizontal crossbow gangsta style to keep the limbs from hitting a tree but really didn't have any ideas.

Hickory Creek has been selling a single shot version for years.

Every time I wanted to stop this video and post a reply he presented a new idea. This is his best video yet, IMHO. Watch till the end.
I thought about how could I shoot my horizontal crossbow gangsta style to keep the limbs from hitting a tree but really didn't have any ideas.

Hickory Creek has been selling a single shot version for years.
Yep. Jerry built the drawloc first. I remember my dad's boss having one 20 years ago.

I'm just waiting for the HC mini to take over the world. I've killed 3 critters with it, and it's just so dang effective at what it does.

Yep. Jerry built the drawloc first. I remember my dad's boss having one 20 years ago.

I'm just waiting for the HC mini to take over the world. I've killed 3 critters with it, and it's just so dang effective at what it does.
I carry a blunt with me during archery deer/squirrel seasons. If a squirrel pauses too long I will give him a shot. I shot at a fox trotting below me and ruined a broadhead.

Needs a better anchor point for more accuracy but definitely very clever.

I just ordered one of these crossbows... If I don't like it I hold @Nutterbuster responsible... It really looks like a great crossbow for shooting behind a tree. In the last two years I have been busted several times while leaning out from behind a tree with a conventional crossbow to shoot at a nice buck. This will solve that problem.

Last edited:
I just ordered one of these crossbows... If I don't like it I hold @Nutterbuster responsible... It really looks like a great crossbow for shooting behind a tree. In the last two years I have been busted several times while leaning out from behind a tree with a conventional crossbow to shoot at a nice buck. This will solve that problem.
If you don't like it, I'll eat my oplux tether.

I will have to lie just to watch you do it. It looks like the ticket to killing a buck without exposing your profile from behind the tree.

makes weak side shots down the tree real easy too. Especially from the hybrid. I would recommend a scope upgrade. Nutter probably disagrees and thinks the one on there is fine. The extra light gathering capability of a good scope is nice right at dark

makes weak side shots down the tree real easy too. Especially from the hybrid. I would recommend a scope upgrade. Nutter probably disagrees and thinks the one on there is fine. The extra light gathering capability of a good scope is nice right at dark
Which scope would you recommend. I thought of blaming @kyler1945 too for my purchase but I really want to see @Nutterbuster eat oplux.

Which scope would you recommend. I thought of blaming @kyler1945 too but I really want to see @Nutterbuster eat oplux.

I bought this one on a recommendation of a friend. They don’t make them anymore, I got it on eBay. Took about 15 shots to dial it in. It’s dead on out to 60(I would never shoot that far, just wanted to confirm).

I shoot a 500 grain arrow, going roughly 280-290fps. I leave it set at 30, and am +/- 3” out to 35 yards. But it’s nice to know I can dial in for longer shots if I want. Love the illuminated dot.

What broadheads and arrows do you recommend for that bow.

i bought some black eagle rampage 250’s cheap used on AT classifieds, and use same ethics 100gr ss half outs and exodus as I do on my compound setup. 300 spine would be fine for regular setups - that’s what Jerry sends with the bow.

Pretty soon the only challenge left in bowhunting will picking the right tree. But you can always use a pile of corn if you have trouble with that.

Pretty soon the only challenge left in bowhunting will picking the right tree. But you can always use a pile of corn if you have trouble with that.

I’m sure the rock chucking cavemen were rolling in their graves right when the first grunter tossed a spear with a sharp point at an ungulate.

And then that guy rolled in his grave when the first guy flung an arrow from a bow....

tell us, kind sir, where is the line we should draw to have juuuuuuuuust the right amount of challenge/fairness to the animal/ethics in your eyes?????

Kyle beat me to it. Nothing stopping you from hunting however you like. I've never understood folks dictating the "right" way to kill dumb animals. Fred Bear did an impressive thing with his marketing when he convinced us that bowhunting was "The Way."

Back