• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY HYS strap help

rswink

So, quick confession, alcohol and planning your HYS build are not a good combo. Should have rethought the lengths, but pride comes before the fall and all.

Built the black strap 1st, 11' 8". Wow, since there are no redwoods in Oklahoma we decided to try again. I mean, what could go wrong?

So, had some grey left over from a previous project. It was in 2 pieces, I got the short cord, it finished at 3' 10". Should fit every tree I ever try in Oklahoma. My wife is working the longer strap, no clue what she is going to get.

So, big question, how long should the webbing have been when I started?
dcfbd218971e7cdba1c6670ec8e2cf9e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Can't you measure an average loop length then multiply by the number of loops you want?

Tethrd video says 200”. Go 80” from one end to start loop. Measure 2” spaces on 80” end and 3” spaces on 120” end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tethrd video says 200”. Go 80” from one end to start loop. Measure 2” spaces on 80” end and 3” spaces on 120” end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Okay, thanks, that's what I needed. My wife knew the 2" and 3" part, it was the how long did they make it. Her's ended up better at 7' even.

I'm the sober light of dawn I am thinking 5 to 6 feet is perfect to wrap any tree I am likely to see around here with a reasonable tail spacing to hang down.

Means I have to wait 2.5 hours for the fabric store to open.

Truly thankful. Need to build a couple more of these for my hunting buddies, have 8 hooks from Tetherd on the way since they had them in stock and nobody had them locally after 3 weeks of my wife searching. Have a few on Amazon and eBay but they will take a month to deliver. Frustrating, might have to order a few dozen for my wife's sewing supplies so I can raid them when needed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back