• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Muddy (XOP Style) Platform

Rampaige

I'm brand new to saddle hunting. I got a Latitude Outdoors Method Saddle the other day and I've already got a handful of hunts in it. I'm totally hooked. Here's what I did for a platform. I had pretty much everything on hand already, except for the 1 1/4" Aluminum square tube. That was $10 from McMaster-Carr. It's rock solid, I can load it from all directions and it doesn't move. I did a DIY Versa Button as an attachment point for the cam strap. So far, so good. The only downside is I would like it to pack up just a little smaller. before I put the top tree bracket on, it would fold right over and the length was cut in half, but I wanted that bracket for stability in the tree. Anyways, its 4.1lbs, pretty quiet now that I taped the post, and I've been putting the original seat pad on it and carrying it in for a knee pad.IMG_2282.jpegIMG_2281.jpeg

I'm brand new to saddle hunting. I got a Latitude Outdoors Method Saddle the other day and I've already got a handful of hunts in it. I'm totally hooked. Here's what I did for a platform. I had pretty much everything on hand already, except for the 1 1/4" Aluminum square tube. That was $10 from McMaster-Carr. It's rock solid, I can load it from all directions and it doesn't move. I did a DIY Versa Button as an attachment point for the cam strap. So far, so good. The only downside is I would like it to pack up just a little smaller. before I put the top tree bracket on, it would fold right over and the length was cut in half, but I wanted that bracket for stability in the tree. Anyways, its 4.1lbs, pretty quiet now that I taped the post, and I've been putting the original seat pad on it and carrying it in for a knee pad.View attachment 36299View attachment 36301
What seat is that off of???

Back