• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy platform help

Timberghost84

Looking to put together a diy platform for the upcoming season. I would like to use the lone wolf seat kit and put together a post, versa button, and some standoffs. Maybe a top step to rest a foot on or something. Info, specs, pics, or anything would help me out alot......thanks guys.

I plan on buying one for this project.
I’m all for a good diy project, but I strongly suggest that you go with a factory made platform, especially for your first one. The tree suit platform is around $100 I think, and you’ll spend that making your own if budget is your only concern. If you don’t care about the price and just want a project then you’ll still have that question in your mind if it’s strong enough. I have heard of the lone wolf seat kit platforms failing. If you want the cheapest platform possible, I’d shop around on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace and you can find cheap cheap steel hang on stands. I made one from the seat of a steel hang on I got for $25 new and hunted it for a year. I upgraded to the ridge runner and love it. I made a video on my cheap one.

I’m all for a good diy project, but I strongly suggest that you go with a factory made platform, especially for your first one. The tree suit platform is around $100 I think, and you’ll spend that making your own if budget is your only concern. If you don’t care about the price and just want a project then you’ll still have that question in your mind if it’s strong enough. I have heard of the lone wolf seat kit platforms failing. If you want the cheapest platform possible, I’d shop around on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace and you can find cheap cheap steel hang on stands. I made one from the seat of a steel hang on I got for $25 new and hunted it for a year. I upgraded to the ridge runner and love it. I made a video on my cheap one.

Thanks for the help

Looking to put together a diy platform for the upcoming season. I would like to use the lone wolf seat kit and put together a post, versa button, and some standoffs. Maybe a top step to rest a foot on or something. Info, specs, pics, or anything would help me out alot......thanks guys.
If your wanting to do the DIY thing I totally understand but there are so many good options now with manufactured ones and no worries about failure. You’ll end up spending almost same amount for DIY after getting all your parts. They just came out with another new platform offered by trophy line also. I have the predator and luv it. Tried the XOP seat route but definitely not rated for what you want to use it for. Not sure this helps but Good luck.

Back