• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Platform (original lone wolf seat) vs Predator [advice needed]

Lottig

I am planning on integrating a saddle into my hunting setup next year. I have an older lone wolf alpha that put a new seat on so I could use the easy hang hook with it and from what I can tell this seat works well as a base for a platform. I would have no problem following examples on here and building one based off off of designs here but wondering what folks experience is with this seat as a platform and how it holds up with heavy guys (I'm 240lbs). It sounds like the Predator is designed to handle weights like that and I'm wondering how well this would work. Clearly this would be the cheaper route, but I also want something that is safe and reliable for someone my weight.
IMG_3842.JPG

I am planning on integrating a saddle into my hunting setup next year. I have an older lone wolf alpha that put a new seat on so I could use the easy hang hook with it and from what I can tell this seat works well as a base for a platform. I would have no problem following examples on here and building one based off off of designs here but wondering what folks experience is with this seat as a platform and how it holds up with heavy guys (I'm 240lbs). It sounds like the Predator is designed to handle weights like that and I'm wondering how well this would work. Clearly this would be the cheaper route, but I also want something that is safe and reliable for someone my weight.
View attachment 7791
It'll work, but I don't like how small it is. I couldn't stand straight up on it unless I was on the high side of a leaning tree. Still way better than a ring of steps though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Forget the seat and cut the base down. Thicker casting and wider area for feet.

View attachment 7791
In order to use that seat, you will have to drill new holes. Let me see if I can find a picture for you. Otherwise the teeth done stick or the back far enough.

If you zoom in you can see the second hole in this one I made years ago

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
a743e05128f37df04ad9b7d040bda51a.jpg

Back