• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Platform - Standoff & Post Advice

sad_story

I would like to enlist the cumulative knowledge of the members here on what stand-off you would recommend to use on a DIY platform I am looking to build.

In short, I would be looking to build something akin to a predator - what are your recommendations for a readily available stand-off & post?

I'll x2 that. The platform stand offs. The other option is fabricate your own from 3/4 inch aluminum plate. Or the xop replacement ones. Just keep in mind the way they are built they tend to have a "socket" for your post. Some are for 1 1/2 inch posts. Where I am xop/lone wolf won't ship to and I can get aluminum plate relatively cheap so I am going to have some cut. But yeah www.doublesteps.com is a good place to start.

X3 or 4, or whatever. DanO platform bracket and post is solid and a good deal.

But to you original statement, you said something like the predator, you’ll need a klemz style seat/platform for that. If you use a LW Alpha or XOP seat it will mount I the middle of the post and you’ll cam the seat down to secure. Maybe you know all this, but Incase you didn’t...

Here’s mine with DanO hardware

9a5cb076cef3e603126675e67974cb5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3 or 4, or whatever. DanO platform bracket and post is solid and a good deal.

But to you original statement, you said something like the predator, you’ll need a klemz style seat/platform for that. If you use a LW Alpha or XOP seat it will mount I the middle of the post and you’ll cam the seat down to secure. Maybe you know all this, but Incase you didn’t...

Here’s mine with DanO hardware

9a5cb076cef3e603126675e67974cb5e.jpg

I like the addition of the step!

Quite a few have requested a DoubleStep with 1.25" channel so we started stocking those just for this purpose. That one looks like a modified API double step.

It is an API, was a bit of a pain, would have given you my money, lol. Good to know you are stocking some. I love my double step, extra anchor point when rotating for shots. I always recommend your store for anyone interested in DIY, now even more reason, I see your store has been expanding on other goodies too. Great stuff DanO

Back