• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy platform system

grich

Sep 19, 2018
Ok guys I had a thought for platform use with pre set trees
Use a socket system like what on milinam
Lock on stands .just carry platform in to tree insert in bracket all ready attached to tree .this way you could have many trees ready
Think I'll be working on this idea over the winter

What ya think??

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

grich

Sep 19, 2018
Run with it bud!! Of course I should get some royalty from it lol

LeanMachine

Sep 28, 2018
I always thought about jusy putting a big lag bolt or two in a tree that the stand/platform would slide over. You could even snug it up with a wrench or ratchet. No legal in all areas obviously.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: grich

grich

Sep 19, 2018
I always thought about jusy putting a big lag bolt or two in a tree that the stand/platform would slide over. You could even snug it up with a wrench or ratchet. No legal in all areas obviously.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I also thought of that ...I was thinking I need to take down my lock on stand that's what got me thinking it would be a good idea if it would work and not cost a arm and leg those brackets ant cheap

pilgrimhunter

Jan 18, 2017
SW VA
Ive been thinking about this lately, and really I don’t think there would be much time saved in pre-setting for a platform. If the platform were big and bulky maybe, but a minimalist design takes no time at all to set. Climbing is where the gains need to be made in my opinion.
My thoughts were the same. What are you thinking it would accomplish? Setting a platform like the predator is so easy and quick you would be playing with 30 sec max savings. Couldn't be much savings in pack weight or packability. Just not seeing what would be accomplished...... Maybe I am missing something.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squirrels

grich

Sep 19, 2018
I don't have a predator mine is DIY platform
It don't have cleat maid into the platform so cam over is not possible
So it hard to secure it to tree without a rachet strap that is not quiet at all
After looking at price it would cost to produce like 5 brackets I could purchase a predator ...I get what your saying
But for those DIY guys our the ones just like to time tinker I think it would be a good solution