• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Saddle project

dbennett

Nov 8, 2019
Isabella county, Mi
Hey Guys... I'm new to saddle hunting. I've been researching and looking at different DIY saddles on this forum and videos for several months and finally decided to give it a try. This is the completed version of my DIY project. I used a Fusion RCH attached by quick clips to the sit drag with a battle belt attached to the sit drag by thread injection, sum dump pouches and an amsteal blue bridge. I made the lineman rope and tether out of some 12mm petzl rope i had. Both are fitted with prusik knots and prusik tenders (not shown). i did have most of the items on hand, with the exception of the sit drag and amsteal blue and 1 dump pouch and the accessory hanging strap. so all said and done i have about $75 into it and it weighed 5.8# as pictured with tether, lineman rope and accessory hanging strap in the pouches.

Attachments

• DIY Saddle 1.jpg
    DIY Saddle 1.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 156
  • DIY Saddle 2.jpg
    DIY Saddle 2.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: Plebe and gcr0003

cmatthew80

Nov 6, 2019
Canada
FACEBOOK
matthew.e.coleman
Hey Guys... I'm new to saddle hunting. I've been researching and looking at different DIY saddles on this forum and videos for several months and finally decided to give it a try. This is the completed version of my DIY project. I used a Fusion RCH attached by quick clips to the sit drag with a battle belt attached to the sit drag by thread injection, sum dump pouches and an amsteal blue bridge. I made the lineman rope and tether out of some 12mm petzl rope i had. Both are fitted with prusik knots and prusik tenders (not shown). i did have most of the items on hand, with the exception of the sit drag and amsteal blue and 1 dump pouch and the accessory hanging strap. so all said and done i have about $75 into it and it weighed 5.8# as pictured with tether, lineman rope and accessory hanging strap in the pouches.
That is awesome. Happy hunting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
Welcome from coastal NC!! Looks like you did a fantastic job happy and safe hunting!! But I will say that the DIY is almost as much fun as the actual hunting from them!!! LOL