• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY stick build versa button placement

Andrew

I’m in the middle of putting together a set of sticks. I’m going with 24” sticks with 22” step spacing. My question is in regards to the versa button placement. Should it be place in the center of the stick or above center towards the top, and if so how much?

Mine ended up being on the line of the top1/3. Reading that doesn’t seem to make sense... ok, divide your stick length into 3rds, put it that far from the top.

Good deal. That’s kinda what I was thinking. Just making sure before I start drillling holes. Thanks!

I didn’t re-drill when I cut my APIs down. It’s north of center but not by much, works fine. Possible lower end kick out it you get too high. So somewhere around 14-16 inch mark (from bottom) should work fine for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will know when you have it right.
Versa button to high the bottom of the stick will be “loose”
versa button to low and the top of stick will come away from the tree
Just right and the stick becomes part of the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight everyone. I’ll play around with the exact position. Everyone’s recommendation seems to be around what I was thinking.

Back