• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy stick top platform

Jay_Disarray

SH Member
Went to my local metal fabrication shop and asked about a spare bit of angle iron, about a foot long. He handed me this and asked it that would work, and handed me a chunk of 2x2x12½ in angle iron.

Got it home and did some measurements and a bit of drilling, messed up my first attempt, but I did it right the second go around and came up with this.

The steps are actually barely touching the angle iron underneath giving it less room to flex. No idea on the added weight, but I couldn't imagine its much

Screenshot_20200117-171557_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200117-171605_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200117-171553_Gallery.jpg

I have not tested it with weight yet, MN is under blizzard warnings right now.

Wuz up bro. Not bad. As long as the standoffs can still get a good bite on the tree, you should be good to go.

Oh and come on man, don't let a little blizzard stop you from testing it out.

Reactions: KRN
im gonna file some holes at a 45 in the front side of it, maybe figure how to add some grip to it first. not sure what the best method would be. i have a foot of this stuff, but not sure how if I should gorilla glue it to the top or what I should do for that yet
Screenshot_20200117-175407_Gallery.jpg

You can always use some skateboard grip tape to get some non slip grip. I used it on the steps of an older climbing ladder last season and it was great! The adhesive is strong and I had no issues.

Back