• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY stick with framing extrusion?

Dustball3k

Has anyone tried framing extrusion for DIY sticks? Yield strength is 35,000 lbs/sq. in and you can get 6 ft sections for $25.

2RCP8_AS02.jpg
or anodized?
29NZ64_AS02.jpg
The 2 slot is even cheaper and may make more sense.
29NZ74_AS01.jpg

You don't have much material to hold bolt if you drill any hole in that.

We play with that stuff at work... It's flexy.

Please be careful.

have much material to hold bolt if you drill any hole in that.

We play with that stuff at work... It's flexy.

I wouldn't be willing to be the first to try it, I'm to heavy, just wondering if anyone has. Thanks

If I can find a short piece at work I'll stand on it and report back. I think you would have to be very careful about the connections to steps and standoffs

I wouldn't be willing to be the first to try it, I'm to heavy, just wondering if anyone has. Thanks
Don’t think anyone has but you should go for it. As far as the bolt issue I would just use the parts that come standard to mate with those poles.

ITS LEGOS FOR ADULTS 8D63F5DE-B8A5-49BA-BA96-6F5B48AF23F4.png

I wonder if there’s be a way to use the channels to slide steps/ standoffs in without drilling the center of the stick itself??? I’m not familiar with that material at all.

Back