• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy Sticks

Ted Otten

Got some parts cut out on the waterjet. Need a little tweaking to get the weight down a little, currently just over 2.5. Think I can get them 2# or just under.

e16f3177bc087860bea5b7b857f75076.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking nice. What size stock did you start with for your stick? Definitely looks heavy duty. Standoffs look pretty close to the tree in my opinion though.

Looking nice. What size stock did you start with for your stick? Definitely looks heavy duty. Standoffs look pretty close to the tree in my opinion though.

The stick is 3/4” and the rest is 1/2”. It is a little closer to the tree but not much different from my muddy sticks. The main post is 1.5” deep and I can take a bunch off it I think.

The stick is 3/4” and the rest is 1/2”. It is a little closer to the tree but not much different from my muddy sticks. The main post is 1.5” deep and I can take a bunch off it I think.

Those standoffs work because of that depth, you take too much off and you won’t have much room for your feet.

May I suggest machining an angle opposite of each step on the face of your sticks to offset the steps away from the tree to get more clearance for your foot. It would only have to be in the two areas that your steps are mounted. Then you could remove more material to lighten them up ...? Maybe up to a 10 + ° angle offset..?

May I suggest machining an angle opposite of each step on the face of your sticks to offset the steps away from the tree to get more clearance for your foot. It would only have to be in the two areas that your steps are mounted. Then you could remove more material to lighten them up ...? Maybe up to a 10 + ° angle offset..?

@Redfeather I’m sure machining would help get it away. I’ve got some more standoffs ready to cut just ran out of time and pulled those off a platform build. I believe I should be able to take some off the edges by the hexagons to lighten them off.

Back