• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy target from dumpster diving

Weldabeast

SH Member
A new company moved in next door to us. They are a paver/block company. I started noticing these 26x14 bags in the dumpster. They are the exact same material as 3rd hand rag bag. Fill with cling wrap and i got a portable mini rag bag. Filled dimensions are roughly 20x10. Carry handle included.... If you got a block company nearby it may be worth a look in the trash..... IMG_20190926_093306.jpg

IMG_20190926_092758.jpg

Hang it outside for a while and see what the sun does to it, most of these bags now degrade quickly in the sun. The third hand faces don’t.

Even if it doesn't last long it was free and i have 6.....and i asked the guys to save them for me so doesn't matter to me if it falls apart....
Unless 3rdhand treats then with something (which i don't think they do) it is the same material

I've done similar with empty dog food bags! They have a bit of a plastic coating from the printing. Fill the bag tight with folded layers of clear shipping shrink wrap. Stuff the bag tight and tape it up good. Made a pretty damn rock solid target. I have one that's been outside for over two years

You can just shove it in a new one when it rots or gets shot out. Worst case you dumpit all in a 3rd hand bag.
I have a customer that was manufacturing bag targets on a large scale for several box stores. The manufacturer of the bags changed the material so it would be more biodegradable and they ended up having to buy back a buttload of targets. They were never able to find a supplier of suitable materials after that and quit.
Third hand obviously was able to get the proper stuff so I don’t know what the deal was. I do know that I’ve tried feed and sand bags with less than desirable results.

Feed bags from mill. Lasts a month in the sun. Had two for going on 2 years that I put under a piece of machinery when not using. If it goes bad slide into a new one. With 5 kids each with a bow, it can get expensive fast buying them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190926-172306.png
    Screenshot_20190926-172306.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
Feed bags from mill. Lasts a month in the sun. Had two for going on 2 years that I put under a piece of machinery when not using. If it goes bad slide into a new one. With 5 kids each with a bow, it can get expensive fast buying them!

I love that pic, 5 arrows in the dirt and not one in the target. Reminds me of my shooting. :tearsofjoy:

Back