• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Target platform

Gamover06

I went big that's for sure. I can finally shoot at my house! Our first house had a yard of only 20 yards max and we had neighbors that didn't support the cause. We recently built a new house and my main stipulation was I needed a place to shoot. Before we said yes to buy the lot i called the LEC and they said as long as my arrow doesnt leave my yard, well if my arrow leaves my yard now I better put the bow up for sale.

From my house to target it is 45 yards and from the side of my garage to the target its 70 yards. Still need to figure out how to close it for rain and snow, thinking about just putting a trap over it but it just seems to simple.

PS picture doesn’t look level but believe me bubble is between the lines on every board.

Platform is 8' x 4' (can store 3d targets behind target then)

Roof is 6'9" angled back to 5'9"

Sits 2'9" off the ground

Target Big boy Archery Target 4'x4'

Back wall is horse mat from Tractor supply

1597449730d7e8194450c78cecbfc6be.jpg
947d798177ae1932681d36fb0e1832e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Alot of work went into the back yard. I had to clear out 25 yards worth of a treeline. It ended up being about 45 trees. Most of them dead from over growth, vines, or crap trees. We have planted 10 new trees sunce.
bbe5c67358ad41aefb6d386bb41eb9ac.jpg
0a48e6231fdabf12a0c37bb025e7f2bc.jpg
8546d563895c45018f7b3ea1d35855fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks good! You could put a set of double doors on the front and then wall up the two gaps on the side with plywood to keep most of the weather out

I hope you got a deal on that lot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahaha....I wish. I liked it with the trees better but the extra room is nice also. Its a little over a half acre so unfortunately it came at a price. The nice thing is the cemetery is very well kept unlike some that I have seen. The president of the cemetery helped me haul the trees over to their tree pile and burned them for me so they are great neighbors. I mean there quiet.

We are new to the town and when I told him my target plans he offered up his 80 acres for me to hunt on which is only 3 miles away from my house. Cant beat that.

Good deal on the hunting access. And yeah, dead folks don’t bother
me. Rather that than worry about a neighborhood being built behind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good! You could put a set of double doors on the front and then wall up the two gaps on the side with plywood to keep most of the weather out
The sides were a late add and I only had one sheet of plywood on hand. Next time I have the trailer at Menards I will grab the last sheet to close the sides in. Doors would be a nice add.

Back