• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Tether keeper/ locker

Harleycharlie

Just sharing ...... maybe it has been done in the past. Idk. I was not able to hunt for the past 2 years so I have been out of saddle hunting. Any way this year I have been amazed at all the upgrades and the new equipment that’s become available to us. I upgraded my ropes from predator I think 11.4 mm to 8mm rec tech. The 8mm is awesome but one thing I have noticed it will slip down the tree a lot easier than the predator. I know u can get ohm locker but honestly I just didn’t want to spend anymore money. I tried the nite tize and it would still fall unless I got it really tight. So I used a shock cord tied to the knot side and used the nite ize cam thingy to hook into a Prusik attached to the 8mm. Seems to work better than anything I have tried so far. Only bad thing I can see is maybe getting hung up when u pull ur rope down. Let me know what y’all think.

Attachments

• 40EF9B66-C9E9-4D34-95EF-FDC81C58697B.jpeg
    40EF9B66-C9E9-4D34-95EF-FDC81C58697B.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 149
Looks like it will work just fine, especially for those who hang their gear from the tether.

^^^ That looks ok...
Maybe just the baby prusik would work?
Thanks for sharing! It gives me some ideas...

Back