• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY wild edge board platform help

R.AVERY

I started with the measurements @fbwguy used to build his platform for the primal steps using 3/4 inch plywood. I am using wild edge steps.. My board/platform points almost straight up. The only way I was able to make it lay semi flat was to shorten it some and bevel the edge of the plywood. Are the wild edge stand off at a different angle than the primal? What am I missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181130-110855_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181130-110855_Gallery.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot_20181130-110847_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181130-110847_Gallery.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Screenshot_20181130-110833_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181130-110833_Gallery.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 187
Yeah the crossbar in the primal is lower than WE therefor letting the board lay flatter. I think some used 5/8 plywood for a slighter flatter platform on WE steps

And that's why I love this forum. It took me half the time to get an answer here than it did for my poor attempts at modifying what I had. Thanks for the help. @Hailey_Phillips

Glad I could help. If I was gonna drop to 5/8” wood, I would be sure it’s something really strong, that is if you’re shaped like me haha. And make sure of the direction your grain is going, you don’t want the grain running left to right, it can break at the crossbar if conditions are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back