• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY XOP platform

DaveH

Here's my DIY version of the Ernie platform using the latest XOP seat, XOP six point brackets, and a 1.25" × 1.25" × 12" piece 6061 aluminum tube. I did not install the steel seat pivot bushing like Ernie does but I did source a pivot bolt that has a full 2.25" long shank in order to eliminate slop in the joint. I'm temporarily using an old Ameristep strap with the cam buckle similar to the LW strap illustrated by g2 in one of his videos.

This platform concept rocks. Thanks to everyone for the great ideas. Copying is the most sincere form of flattery!

Attachments

• 2017-09-09 20.14.24.jpg
    2017-09-09 20.14.24.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 244
While the LW strap has end loops, the Ameristep strap has a hook that attaches to the cam buckle so I just ran the strap through the platform and around the tree. While the hook made for easy attachment, it's just more metal to make noise. The LW strap looks like the better setup.

Thanks for the inspiration, g2!

While the LW strap has end loops, the Ameristep strap has a hook that attaches to the cam buckle so I just ran the strap through the platform and around the tree. While the hook made for easy attachment, it's just more metal to make noise. The LW strap looks like the better setup.

Thanks for the inspiration, g2!
if using a LW strap in this setup, how do you attach the looped ends of the strap?
T

Back