• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do you have S.H.E.M.S (Saddle Hunter Equipment Mania Syndrome)?

dlist777

SHEMS is a condition where you experience intense anxiety worrying that you don’t have the absolute right/best saddle hunting equipment (and will end out getting skunked the entire season). Some examples of SHEMS are the feeling you get when:
  • You read a thread about how much better the distel / kleimheist /schwabisch hitches are and you stare down at that stupid prussik on all of your ropes.
  • You happily open your package of predator rope and then read a thread titled “8mm OpLux: You’re an Idiot if You Don’t Use This!”. Then, you keep getting Tapatalk notifications for the thread for the next 3 weeks and can’t unsubscribe.
  • You decide to switch to OpLux, but then realize you’ll have to swap out your ropeman1 for a ropeman 2 or Kong Duck.
  • You do the rope mod on all your sticks, then read about amsteel daisy chain....then decide thats better...then read about daisy chain webbing.
  • You keep checking your email for the hunting beast stick production run so you can spend $80 / stick.
  • You post a video about how happy you are with your Kestrel Flex with ASAT cammo and someone asks why anyone would choose ASAT over Predator cammo.
  • When you lay awake at night deciding if you should use a prussik tender or a mechanical ascender for your lineman’s belt…...then when you decide on the tender, you can’t decide between paying Dan O $2 for one or making your own….
  • The next morning your wife asks you why you didn’t sleep so well…you just shake your head.
  • Someone sees a picture you posted and tells you your ascender is hooked up wrong. You open the instructions and realize its not in English…it’s in some weird climbing language…and you’ve had the instructions upside down the whole time.
  • You go hunting the first time and end out hopping from aider to aider climbing 50 feet on 2 sticks….you nearly have 7 heart attacks, but are happy with the weight savings….then you see on your phone that you only walked ¼ mile to your hunting spot.
I’m going to start a SHEMS support group (kind of like AA)…post up if you’d like to join or have additional examples….

Im looking to buy spurs and they are not even legal where I hunt. LWHC method kinda sucks on rough bark trees, 1 sticking is loud and clumsy, WE Steps are janky, everyone panics that my prussik tag ends were cut and melted as short as I could make them to reduce bulk. I definitely have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it as well

- Still trying to find the perfect pack to haul everything

- Have a great set of Climb Right spurs, but now I’m wanting Carbon Fiber ones to save weight (but I won’t lose weight myself because I keep eating too much)

- I just bought a daisy chain webbing length but the HYS strap just came out and now I think I “need” that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But among the problems I could have this one isn’t so bad. My wife tolerates it pretty well, the lone positive of living in NJ, my hunting/fishing gear doesn’t seem so bad when other husbands gamble a bunch! Thanks for the laugh haha

When you sell a guy something then 1 month later buy something from him. Then 1 month after that the 2 guys trade back the items they bought from each other.... Without even realizing it tell after the fact.... Yeah I got a problem......
THAT is funny!

Not really. I have one saddle, a platform, two sets of sticks, and bought a pack to carry it all.

I may try one or two different things here, but I've never been a latest and greatest type of guy and am generally satisfied once I have enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back