• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do you video

Bkbowhunter

Do you video your hunts. If so do you have a YouTube channel. And what is a good and easy video ed

Video cams are great tools for observation.
I've found them to be better than binoculars.
You can review vids, scrutinize them, and save them. Identifying individual bucks is more reliable with vids than with binocs.
With binocs, once the moment has passed, its over for ever except in your memory which can be misleading.
I don't try to film a shot on deer, but for observing, filming is the way to go.

I tried it and figured I could video or hunt not do both at same time so now I just hunt.

Same here. I did it for a while and it was fun, but then I decided I wanted to be fully focused on killing. I didn't want the camera to cost me deer. Plus I love the weight savings.

Same here. I did it for a while and it was fun, but then I decided I wanted to be fully focused on killing. I didn't want the camera to cost me deer. Plus I love the weight savings.

I also used to do it but got tired of lugging around the extra stuff and I was using low end equipment. I used to always tell people that would ask that filming your own hunts "will cost you a deer at some point". I've got a few kills on video but I've only ever uploaded two to youtube.

I never got into editing so all my videos are pretty rough...

Back