• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Does anyone get together regionally to saddle hunt?

hickstick

Just wondering if anyone from here ever gets together with other members regionally to hunt, like on some other forums. on Tradgang, there would always be group gatherings to hunt DWG in NJ or the memorial bunny hunt in NY....

It's a chance for like minded folks to get together with neighbors...hang out, Hunt, bust chops, do some midday shooting etc.

Just wondering if that idea was ever floated here?

We had a group hunt planned for Ohio in October that fell apart. We're talking about bearapalooza next fall, the DWG would be a great spot for that.

It is definitely hard with everyone's busy schedules to actually make it happen.

yeah, I hear you on that..also these always seemed to be planned late season and by then I'd always have already burned through all my time off from work.

Ohio in Oct would be nice. maybe take my wife out to visit family and hit the woods. (shes from the summit county area...but none of her family hunted or had access to land...so I've never hunted there)

I forgot to add, we're thinking of a GTG sometime in the spring instead of a hunt. It might be easier to make it happen. Then we could just show off our gear, meet the crew and have a few beverages :D

I really like the Spring Hang Out Idea. I could make that happen as long as it isn't too far from me. I might put together a Southeast Hang Out.
Arkansas Horseshoe Canyon Ranch.. Then I can talk the wife into going because there's horseback riding. Did I mention it's one of the best mid-west locations for rock climbing as well? :)

Back