• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Don’t think I can get much lighter.....

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
While waiting on the Kiwi deal I stumbled on these carbon Geckos on eBay for a smokin deal and couldn’t pass them up! Got them today and made the needed mods and HOLY COW are they light!! 2.60lbs for the set. They still need a little stealth strip on the upper cup but these should work out great this year. Paired with the Mantis saddle and Predator platform I am sitting at a whopping 6.34lbs!! Now that I have found the lightest setup possible I’m not sure what I will do with my life. Any ideas?

a0fac00e6f78c35c3ae593d14f167622.jpg

f994c3c98a49313f7cd2046f397d5a72.jpg

1680557812d24cfad6cf1dfffcfbee16.jpg

“G” hooks for the bottom strap and a loop sewn into the strap for easy tightening
f992763aa3052d498ed177af6d50b71d.jpg

414e1effb08dd9ba9f25441da565e91d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightest mostly functional setup, probably approaching that runway. If it became a competition to see who was the soffest man at not being able to carry a sack of gear on his back I guess you could do some crazy stuff to get lighter but what is the point that cost and sacrifice of function start to take priority over common sense.

While the rest of us sit here impatiently waiting for our orders to ship, you're just casually showing off pictures of that sweet new gear...now you're just rubbing it in:tearsofjoy:
Seriously though, that setup looks great!

Jealous. I have been considering a set of spurs for a while now. But Michigan...

While the rest of us sit here impatiently waiting for our orders to ship, you're just casually showing off pictures of that sweet new gear...now you're just rubbing it in:tearsofjoy:
Seriously though, that setup looks great!

Haha I do feel a little bad. Just a little.

You can help the rest of us come up with alibis for our wives when we spend even more money on saddle gear. Mine has already heard “G2 made me do it” one too many times.

You can help the rest of us come up with alibis for our wives when we spend even more money on saddle gear. Mine has already heard “G2 made me do it” one too many times.

Hahaha ON IT!!

Do you have exact links for those replacement straps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

looks like you could spend a few minutes silencing that cam buckle on your platform. Just trying to help keep ya busy

My pack with all my camera gear, spikes and platform. 15.5lbs. Most times I’ll just carry the spikes unless I need to use my trekking pole. Packs up nicely!
4cb31a449c19080200e5c44f7fa63779.jpg

That looks super compact and what i have been trying to do. When you have the time could you take some pictures of all your gear and contents? I just cant believe believe you have your camera, arm, base all in there!!! Thats awesome!!

Back