• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Don't knock it until you try it

MattMan81

SH Member
Do you have a strange food combo?
Maybe it's popular in a other area?
Does not have to be game..
I have one curious if anyone else has tried it or likes it. Stumbled upon it by accident.

I eat my rice with BBQ sauce (sweet baby Ray's), mayo, and pepper..
It happened with rice, chicken, and BBQ sauce for the chicken.. sometimes I would put Mayo and BBQ together for the chicken.. when the chicken was gone, the sauce and rice got mixed.. It was strange, but really like it.. the pepper seems to give it an extra something.

What do you guys got?

Do you have a strange food combo?
Maybe it's popular in a other area?
Does not have to be game..
I have one curious if anyone else has tried it or likes it. Stumbled upon it by accident.

I eat my rice with BBQ sauce (sweet baby Ray's), mayo, and pepper..
It happened with rice, chicken, and BBQ sauce for the chicken.. sometimes I would put Mayo and BBQ together for the chicken.. when the chicken was gone, the sauce and rice got mixed.. It was strange, but really like it.. the pepper seems to give it an extra something.

What do you guys got?
Dunk my morning toast in orange juice.

Ok this next one emanated from my German roots: Sliced Blood Sausage with Limburger cheese, sliced onion and salt and pepper on rye or pumpernickel bread. We prefer the Weber’s horseradish mustard smeared on the inside of each slice of bread.

Some local SC favorites...

-ChowChow mixed in with Chicken & sausage perlo.
-Mayo & onion on lima beans & rice
-Left over cold BBQ, or fried fish, on grits for breakfast
-Hot sauce on popcorn
-Pepper vinegar with collards, hog jaw, ham hocks & pot liquor.
-Cornbread & milk

And one for @Nutterbuster ....
Red eye gravy on buttermilk biskits.

Some local SC favorites...

-ChowChow mixed in with Chicken & sausage perlo.
-Mayo & onion on lima beans & rice
-Left over cold BBQ, or fried fish, on grits for breakfast
-Hot sauce on popcorn
-Pepper vinegar with collards, hog jaw, ham hocks & pot liquor.
-Cornbread & milk

And one for @Nutterbuster ....
Red eye gravy on buttermilk biskits.

I second red eye gravy on homemade buttermilk biscuits. And the other classic from my grandma is cornbread and buttermilk

Back