• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double step as platform

cnichols15

Hey y’all, I’m new to this and I know this had been discussed but I couldn’t find it, how would using a double step on the top of a lone wolf step with a smaller ROS around it work as a platform? It seems like having a kinda flat surface in front of the tree and the ROS to move around the tree would work well. Anyone do this? Thanks!

It works. Many have done it. Just gotta see what works for you. Either way you can't really go wrong with a doublestep on your stick anyway even if it doesn't work out as a platform.

I know someone used a large one out of angle iron. It looked well made and should work. I just would worry about side pressure...ROS would help with that though as you would move around the tree.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That’s my go to, I’m gonna finish up my beast stick build next weekend, double top platform step . Then probably flop b/w 2 w/e stepps or 3 ameristeps in conjunction w/ that.

I think I’m gonna go ahead do the double step. It just seems like that in conjunction with ROS would be a great platform combo.

Back