• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double step for climbing sticks?

Wludwig

I plan to purchase climbing sticks, and saw that many people use a double top step as part of their platform- do any sticks come with this double step or is this only DIY? If using regular climbing sticks- does anyone use the top of the stick with a couple of Bullman steps? Anyone have experience with how well that works? For a person just getting into saddle hunting, is it easier to just start with a platform? Thanks for any advice!
Wes

Platform.

I’ve done the double top step and the comfort difference with a platform will have you wandering WTH you thinking before.....

I’m still new to saddle hunting. But I have double step APIs that are modded. I used an extra double step over my lone wolf platform. In practice I stand on the platform but it’s nice to have an option to change your stance up a bit for fatigue reasons and when I rotate around to get 360 degree shots I like planting one foot on one of the steps. Works for me, but it seems that everything in the saddle game is trial and error and seeing what works best for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to purchase climbing sticks, and saw that many people use a double top step as part of their platform- do any sticks come with this double step or is this only DIY? If using regular climbing sticks- does anyone use the top of the stick with a couple of Bullman steps? Anyone have experience with how well that works? For a person just getting into saddle hunting, is it easier to just start with a platform? Thanks for any advice!
Wes

Hawk heliums are probably the most common. And now the beast sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got some LW sticks and put a double step on the top step I also picked up some squirrel steps to add as like a ring of steps. I figured this would be the lightest option using sticks. I got the double step and squirrel steps at Doublesteps.com @DanO.
I just got the steps so I haven’t had time to get them in the tree yet. I think it’s going to be an awesome combo though.

Back